Maximum points for Bradfield
BRADFIELD started their Alliance campaign in good style by defeating Spowston by 108 runs and gaining maximum points.The experienced openers Wiseman and Register got Bradfield off to a flying start, putting on a fine opening partnership of 98, taking on the new ball on a hard, dry surface and punishing anything loose by the Sprowston opening bowlers Hussain and Hales.
BRADFIELD started their Alliance campaign in good style by defeating Spowston by 108 runs and gaining maximum points.
The experienced openers Wiseman and Register got Bradfield off to a flying start, putting on a fine opening partnership of 98, taking on the new ball on a hard, dry surface and punishing anything loose by the Sprowston opening bowlers Hussain and Hales.
D Roff was brought on to try and slow things down with spin, but was duly despatched to the boundary for three expensive overs, costing him 23.
Finally, Register fell for a fine 51 and soon after Wiseman for 45, both off the bowling of G Roff. Bidewell and Yarham both fell cheaply, which left Bradfield losing momentum at 119 for four in the 32nd over.
You may also want to watch:
Gray steadied the ship with a grafting 30, while new man Deluchi (21) and Abbs (13) gave the innings some new impetus, which left vice-captain Reynolds (27) to invent some new shots to bring Bradfield's innings to a close with a competitive score of 208 for seven.
The pick of the Sprowston bowlers was Lake with figures of three for 36.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 3 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 4 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 5 Man guilty of manslaughter after fatal stabbing over £10 drug debt
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 What would you bury in time capsule under new swimming pool?
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities
- 10 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
Sprowston's reply started reasonably, as P Glozier and Palmer started building a good partnership, which was stopped by the introduction of Yarham, who snared Glozier for 22, and new captain Robinson finally dismissed Palmer for 14 after a spell of hostile bowling.
Yarham then produced a magic spell of spin bowling on a now dusty wicket, taking three wickets in his first three overs, supported at the other end by A Kimber, who removed the dangerous Hales for a quick 14.
Yarham carried on and ripped through the Sprowston line-up, removing G Roff for just five.
With no other batsmen reaching double figures, he finished with excellent figures of seven for 13 off 11 overs, aided by sharp catching in the covers and gulley area by Wiseman and the Kimber twins.
The last wicket fell for a lowly 101, with J Glozier last out for a spirited 30, trapped leg before to Yarham.
The East Coast Group man of match was David Yarham.