Mack's 130 is career best
Charlie Mack hit 130 for Aldborough A as they beat Lowestoft B by 218 runs in Norfolk League Division Five: Aldborough A 278-4, Lowestoft B 60.Aldborough A's impressive start to the season continued The Green to leave them at the top of the division.
Charlie Mack hit 130 for Aldborough A as they beat Lowestoft B by 218 runs in Norfolk League Division Five: Aldborough A 278-4, Lowestoft B 60.
Aldborough A's impressive start to the season continued The Green to leave them at the top of the division.
Skipper Cannon and decided to bat. Openers Bundock (25) and Mack quickly set about the Lowestoft attack with some strong hitting and solid defence to make 53-0 off the first 12 overs.
Mack and Cannon together showed no mercy to a faltering attack, running well between the wickets and punishing anything loose with some powerful striking. The 100 partnership came up in the 29th over and the pair batted on to notch up a memorable 210-run partnership which was finally ended when Cannon was caught at mid-on for 88 off 82 balls.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Mack, after racking up a career first century, was dismissed for a fluid, powerful and highly impressive 130 off 143 balls.
In reply Lowestoft struggled to gain any momentum with the excellent Ash and Holroyd bowling tight lines. The four Aldborough bowlers took their cue and ripped through the Lowestoft resistance with spinner Knight ending with figures of 6-2-4-3 and swinger Ray Smith 5-1-9-3. Cannon ran out the final batsman with a direct hit.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer