Lions' proud cup run ends
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) LeagueALDBOROUGH Loins, the remaining Nicholsons representative in the Norfolk Primary Cup crashed out 3-0 to Pott Row in the semi-final stage.
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) League
ALDBOROUGH Loins, the remaining Nicholsons representative in the Norfolk Primary Cup crashed out 3-0 to Pott Row in the semi-final stage.
'We were beaten by a better team on the day but we were delighted to have got that far in the tournament,' declared Lions' spokesman Adam Brown.
Slater & Frith Division One leaders Gimingham were held to a 1-1 draw with Corpusty while their nearest challengers Mundesley were beating Erpingham 9-1 in the REW Subsidiary Cup. Last season's losing finalists Happisburgh walked over against Buxton Reserves who failed to field a team.
You may also want to watch:
Mundesley Reserves beat Gimingham Reserves 4-2 to leap frog to the top of Knights Trophies Division Three while morning leaders Haisboro Athletic shared six goals with Cawston.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
Results. Slater & Frith Division One: Corpusty 1, Gimingham 1; Lyng 0, North Walsham A 0.
Knights Trophies Division Three: Cawston 3, Haisboro Ath 3; Hickling Res 1, Aldborough Lions Res 2; Mundesley Res 4, Gimingham Res 2.
REW Subsidiary Cup, second round: Briston 1, Felmingham 2; Coltishall 3, Hickling 2; Dilham 0, Aylsham A 2; Erpingham 1, Mundesley 9; Happisburgh v Buxton Res home walkover; Holt A 2, Stalham Tn A 3; Horning 3, Runton 2; North Walsham OB 2, Blakeney 1.