Lifeboat Cup back on track
A trouble-hit charity football cup competition has been saved from possible abandonment due to ground troubles.Cromer's Lifeboat Cup, which has been running 105 years and raises about �2,000 a year for the RNLI, was suspended earlier this month due to a double dose of pitch problems.
A trouble-hit charity football cup competition has been saved from possible abandonment due to ground troubles.
Cromer's Lifeboat Cup, which has been running 105 years and raises about �2,000 a year for the RNLI, was suspended earlier this month due to a double dose of pitch problems.
First it could not use its traditional home of Cromer's Cabbell Park for the early rounds due to a fixture backlog for the host town club. Then plans to switch some games to Holt were blacked out due to floodlight technical trouble there.
But organises have decided to press ahead after the clocks change next weekend, enabling evening games to be held in daylight at Holt and East Runton.
You may also want to watch:
The competition will now start Monday March 29 with two first round matches taking place at Holt; Cromer Crabs Veterans v Corpusty and Sheringham Reserves v Gimingham, both kicking off at 6.15pm.
A further two first round matches will be played at Holt on Wednesday March 31 with Cromer Town U18's v Briston and Holt Reserves v Cromer Youth Old Boys, both 6.15p.m.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 7 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
It is planned to hold two quarter finals at Holt on April 7, another two at East Runton on April 12 and 13.
And it is hoped the semi-finals on April 19 and 26 and final on Bank Holiday Monday May 3 will be at Cabbell Park.