League rivals in cup final
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) LeagueDIVISION one title rivals will come together at Greens Lane, North Walsham on Easter Monday morning in a major confrontation for the Optic Benevolent Cup.
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) League
DIVISION one title rivals will come together at Greens Lane, North Walsham on Easter Monday morning in a major confrontation for the Optic Benevolent Cup.
Buxton, with goals from Callow (4), Abbs (3), Ruston-Andrews and Gillary, booked their place in the ultimate showdown with a 9-2 victory over Bodham.
Lee Woodhouse netted all four goals for the other finalists East Ruston in their 4-1 triumph over Mundesley, who replied through Payne.
You may also want to watch:
These results set up one of the most exciting finals in prospect for this tournament for a number of seasons.
In the REW Subsidiary Cup, Dilham from the foot of Division One battled to a 5-0 quarter-final victory over Briston, and their semi-final opponents are Happisburgh who beat Coltishall 4-1.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Horning from Division Two beat North Walsham A on penalties after sharing four goals, and the winners meet Gimingham who gained a walkover over Stalham A who could not raise a team.
In Slater & Frith Division One, Hickling are producing late form that could hoist them out of the drop zone following an excellent 3-2 (Blake 2, Hall) victory over fading Corpusty.
In Wayford Nurseries Division Two, the title favourites Aldborough went top of the table following their odd goal of nine (Whitlam 2, Hall, Adams, Mynett) triumph over Runton.
Aylsham A are out of the bottom two after sharing four goals with Felmingham and may well survive at this level.
Holt A are champions of Knights Trophies Division Three. They claimed the title with a 3-1 win over Mundesley Reserves while Cromer YOB are up to second after beating Hickling Reserves 3-1.
Slater & Frith Division One: Corpusty v Dilham (C Dennis), Erpingham v East Ruston (J Middleton), Gimingham v Happisburgh (T Chase), Mundesley v Lyng (R Will), North Walsham OB v North Walsham A (P Cater).
Wayford Nurseries Division Two: Bodham v Aldborough (R Griggs), Felmingham v Horning (C Wiseman), Happisburgh Reserves v East Ruston Reserves (J Ellis), Runton v Buxton Reserves (G Yaxley).
Knights Trophies Division Three: Aldborough Reserves v Mundesley Reserves (A Marshall), Briston Reserves v Blakeney (C Scargill), Hickling Reserves v Stalham A (K Forbes).