League rivals in cup final
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) LeagueDIVISION one title rivals will come together at Greens Lane, North Walsham on Easter Monday morning in a major confrontation for the Optic Benevolent Cup.
Nicholsons of Stalham (NEN) League
DIVISION one title rivals will come together at Greens Lane, North Walsham on Easter Monday morning in a major confrontation for the Optic Benevolent Cup.
Buxton, with goals from Callow (4), Abbs (3), Ruston-Andrews and Gillary, booked their place in the ultimate showdown with a 9-2 victory over Bodham.
Lee Woodhouse netted all four goals for the other finalists East Ruston in their 4-1 triumph over Mundesley, who replied through Payne.
These results set up one of the most exciting finals in prospect for this tournament for a number of seasons.
In the REW Subsidiary Cup, Dilham from the foot of Division One battled to a 5-0 quarter-final victory over Briston, and their semi-final opponents are Happisburgh who beat Coltishall 4-1.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 5 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Horning from Division Two beat North Walsham A on penalties after sharing four goals, and the winners meet Gimingham who gained a walkover over Stalham A who could not raise a team.
In Slater & Frith Division One, Hickling are producing late form that could hoist them out of the drop zone following an excellent 3-2 (Blake 2, Hall) victory over fading Corpusty.
In Wayford Nurseries Division Two, the title favourites Aldborough went top of the table following their odd goal of nine (Whitlam 2, Hall, Adams, Mynett) triumph over Runton.
Aylsham A are out of the bottom two after sharing four goals with Felmingham and may well survive at this level.
Holt A are champions of Knights Trophies Division Three. They claimed the title with a 3-1 win over Mundesley Reserves while Cromer YOB are up to second after beating Hickling Reserves 3-1.
Slater & Frith Division One: Corpusty v Dilham (C Dennis), Erpingham v East Ruston (J Middleton), Gimingham v Happisburgh (T Chase), Mundesley v Lyng (R Will), North Walsham OB v North Walsham A (P Cater).
Wayford Nurseries Division Two: Bodham v Aldborough (R Griggs), Felmingham v Horning (C Wiseman), Happisburgh Reserves v East Ruston Reserves (J Ellis), Runton v Buxton Reserves (G Yaxley).
Knights Trophies Division Three: Aldborough Reserves v Mundesley Reserves (A Marshall), Briston Reserves v Blakeney (C Scargill), Hickling Reserves v Stalham A (K Forbes).