Norfolk-born star in PFA team of the year
- Credit: PA
Norfolk star Lauren Hemp has been named in the Professional Footballers' Association Women's Super League team of the year.
Hemp, from North Walsham, joins fellow Manchester City players Sam Mewis, Caroline Weir and Chloe Kelly in the XI. Hemp is also the youngest member, at 20, in the Team GB squad named for the Tokyo Olympics.
Champions Chelsea have five players in the PFA team - goalkeeper Ann-Katrin Berger, defenders Magdalena Eriksson and Maren Mjelde and forwards Fran Kirby and Sam Kerr.
Leah Williamson and Katie McCabe are in from Arsenal, who finished third.
The team is picked by players from WSL clubs. All the players in the PFA team of the year come from the top three clubs, in keeping with the shortlist for the WSL player of the year award, which features three players each from Chelsea and Manchester City.
The PFA awards will be announced on Sunday.
Team of the year: Ann Katrin-Berger (Chelsea), Katie McCabe (Arsenal), Leah Williamson (Arsenal), Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea), Maren Mjelde (Chelsea), Sam Mewis (Manchester City), Caroline Weir (Manchester City), Sam Kerr (Chelsea),, Chloe Kelly (Manchester City), Fran Kirby (Chelsea), Lauren Hemp (Manchester City).
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden