Norfolk-born star in PFA team of the year
- Credit: PA
Norfolk star Lauren Hemp has been named in the Professional Footballers' Association Women's Super League team of the year.
Hemp, from North Walsham, joins fellow Manchester City players Sam Mewis, Caroline Weir and Chloe Kelly in the XI. Hemp is also the youngest member, at 20, in the Team GB squad named for the Tokyo Olympics.
Champions Chelsea have five players in the PFA team - goalkeeper Ann-Katrin Berger, defenders Magdalena Eriksson and Maren Mjelde and forwards Fran Kirby and Sam Kerr.
Leah Williamson and Katie McCabe are in from Arsenal, who finished third.
The team is picked by players from WSL clubs. All the players in the PFA team of the year come from the top three clubs, in keeping with the shortlist for the WSL player of the year award, which features three players each from Chelsea and Manchester City.
The PFA awards will be announced on Sunday.
Team of the year: Ann Katrin-Berger (Chelsea), Katie McCabe (Arsenal), Leah Williamson (Arsenal), Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea), Maren Mjelde (Chelsea), Sam Mewis (Manchester City), Caroline Weir (Manchester City), Sam Kerr (Chelsea),, Chloe Kelly (Manchester City), Fran Kirby (Chelsea), Lauren Hemp (Manchester City).
- 1 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 2 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 3 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink