Late goal seals Yachtsmen's win
Wroxham 1, Tiptree 0After beating the Yachtsmen 3-1 on their own ground Tiptree were hoping to complete the double.But once again chances on the Trafford Park ground were strictly rationed and with no goals at the break yet another home draw appeared possible.
Wroxham 1, Tiptree 0
After beating the Yachtsmen 3-1 on their own ground Tiptree were hoping to complete the double.
But once again chances on the Trafford Park ground were strictly rationed and with no goals at the break yet another home draw appeared possible.
Tiptree had the first clear chance when a three man move across the home box ended with Underwood free to deliver the final shot but his left-footer was pulled across the face of goal and out of play.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Shaun Howes, Wroxham's left back, delivered a trade mark free kick from the right and the ball completely deceived keeper Rutherford to strike the crossbar and go out of play.
Tiptree again pressed home another forceful attack and won a corner.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
From the flag kick three of their players got a touch but finally Watson blasted high and wide.
Half-time: Wroxham 0, Tiptree 0.
Both teams came out in the second period in the hope of breaking the deadlock, and Tiptree's Clarke seemed likely to do so when he fired through a crowded penalty area straight at McAnally.
At the other end the Yachtsmen won a free-kick and Cook connected with a powerful header that was kicked off the line after coming down from the underside of the crossbar.
A skirmish in the Wroxham half, mostly pushing and shoving, ended with Wroxham's Challen and Harley being shown yellow.
This incident seemed to spark the game into further life and Danny White, in space and time to pick his spot, found keeper Rutherford too good, with an outstretched hand pushing the ball round for a corner.
Howes delivered the flag-kick and yet again Cook's header pounded against the crossbar.
With the clock running down Wroxham suddenly developed a sense of urgency, the ball was played across the face of goal and DANNY WHITE with a blistering left foot hook beat Rutherford.
Wroxham: McAnally, Self, Howes, Challen, Carus, Halliday, Harley, White, P Cook, Gilmore, McCabe.
Subs: D Cook, Bensley, Southgate, Smith.