Last kick drama lifts rugby prize
A dramatic last kick of the game conversion saw Holt beat North Walsham in the Norfolk under-13s rugby final.
The deadly left boot of Harry Simmons delivered the killer blow after a second half fight back.
In a see-saw game Holt surged into a 7-0 lead, but trailed 7-12 at half time.
Holt battled back with Jack Webster scoring the levelling try as the game reached the dying seconds, leaving only time for the do or die conversion.
Jack Webster scored the winners' other try, converted by Alastair Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Bid to close second-home owner’s tax dodge loophole
- 3 Woman’s body was found at home by husband, inquest told
- 4 Welcome to our new website
- 5 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 6 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 7 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 9 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 10 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk