Ladies show more fight
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3
North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham started with strong attacking wing play but were left short at the back following a quick break, which resulted in a goal from a tight angle, beating the Walsham keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham then showed their decisive and accurate passing which led to two further close-range shots to make the score line 3-0, despite some heroic defensive work from Walsham.
Just before half-time Walsham saw Lou Catling make a surging run from the left across the centre of the park to draw two defenders, following up with a superb cutting pass to right wing, Sue Gardiner. She kept her cool. With the keeper to beat and a defender hot on her heels, she slotted away a neat strike to make it 3-1.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
The second half was a more evenly matched and open game, with end-to-end action, hard tackling and quick passing breaks from both teams.
Walsham put up a much improved fighting performance.
Team: Emily Waldron, Jo Hadley, Julie Mercer, Min Tallowin, Nicky Pye, Ellen Vanlint, Charlotte Else, Lou Catling, Fiona Spencer, Sarah Powell, Sue Gardiner, Jane Delph.