Ladies show more fight
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3
North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham started with strong attacking wing play but were left short at the back following a quick break, which resulted in a goal from a tight angle, beating the Walsham keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham then showed their decisive and accurate passing which led to two further close-range shots to make the score line 3-0, despite some heroic defensive work from Walsham.
Just before half-time Walsham saw Lou Catling make a surging run from the left across the centre of the park to draw two defenders, following up with a superb cutting pass to right wing, Sue Gardiner. She kept her cool. With the keeper to beat and a defender hot on her heels, she slotted away a neat strike to make it 3-1.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
The second half was a more evenly matched and open game, with end-to-end action, hard tackling and quick passing breaks from both teams.
Walsham put up a much improved fighting performance.
Team: Emily Waldron, Jo Hadley, Julie Mercer, Min Tallowin, Nicky Pye, Ellen Vanlint, Charlotte Else, Lou Catling, Fiona Spencer, Sarah Powell, Sue Gardiner, Jane Delph.