Ladies show more fight
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham Ladies I 1, Dereham II 3
North Walsham Ladies I showed a marked improvement in the performance and score line from their first league meeting.
North Walsham started with strong attacking wing play but were left short at the back following a quick break, which resulted in a goal from a tight angle, beating the Walsham keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham then showed their decisive and accurate passing which led to two further close-range shots to make the score line 3-0, despite some heroic defensive work from Walsham.
Just before half-time Walsham saw Lou Catling make a surging run from the left across the centre of the park to draw two defenders, following up with a superb cutting pass to right wing, Sue Gardiner. She kept her cool. With the keeper to beat and a defender hot on her heels, she slotted away a neat strike to make it 3-1.
- 1 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 2 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 3 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 4 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 7 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 10 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
The second half was a more evenly matched and open game, with end-to-end action, hard tackling and quick passing breaks from both teams.
Walsham put up a much improved fighting performance.
Team: Emily Waldron, Jo Hadley, Julie Mercer, Min Tallowin, Nicky Pye, Ellen Vanlint, Charlotte Else, Lou Catling, Fiona Spencer, Sarah Powell, Sue Gardiner, Jane Delph.