Knockout blow for Wroxham
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0
Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham had the better chances first period and led 1-0 at half-time. In the 22nd minute Wroxham keeper Phil Smith flapped at a corner from Craig Terrington and the ball hit Danny Beaumont at the far post and went in. Danny Self cleared an effort from Magpies' skipper Adam Gusterson off the line.
At the start of the second half Wroxham piled on the pressure and had two shots cleared off the line, Paul Cook heading against the bar. Wroxham felt they had a stonewall penalty denied when Any Key appeared to be fouled, the referee waving play on.
You may also want to watch:
But Dereham weathered the storm and after 81 minutes man-of-the-match Stuart Williams guided home a Beaumont corner from close range. Simon Mowberry set up Beaumont to make the tie safe, the striker's ninth goal of the season.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country