Knockout blow for Wroxham
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0
Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham had the better chances first period and led 1-0 at half-time. In the 22nd minute Wroxham keeper Phil Smith flapped at a corner from Craig Terrington and the ball hit Danny Beaumont at the far post and went in. Danny Self cleared an effort from Magpies' skipper Adam Gusterson off the line.
At the start of the second half Wroxham piled on the pressure and had two shots cleared off the line, Paul Cook heading against the bar. Wroxham felt they had a stonewall penalty denied when Any Key appeared to be fouled, the referee waving play on.
But Dereham weathered the storm and after 81 minutes man-of-the-match Stuart Williams guided home a Beaumont corner from close range. Simon Mowberry set up Beaumont to make the tie safe, the striker's ninth goal of the season.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 5 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 6 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 7 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 8 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents