Knockout blow for Wroxham
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham Town 3, Wroxham 0
Wroxham, who are next at home against Felixstowe & Walton in the Ridgeons League, were knocked out of the FA Cup in a preliminary round match by the Magpies.
Dereham had the better chances first period and led 1-0 at half-time. In the 22nd minute Wroxham keeper Phil Smith flapped at a corner from Craig Terrington and the ball hit Danny Beaumont at the far post and went in. Danny Self cleared an effort from Magpies' skipper Adam Gusterson off the line.
At the start of the second half Wroxham piled on the pressure and had two shots cleared off the line, Paul Cook heading against the bar. Wroxham felt they had a stonewall penalty denied when Any Key appeared to be fouled, the referee waving play on.
You may also want to watch:
But Dereham weathered the storm and after 81 minutes man-of-the-match Stuart Williams guided home a Beaumont corner from close range. Simon Mowberry set up Beaumont to make the tie safe, the striker's ninth goal of the season.
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 9 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk