Kids’ Zone set to kick-off half-term fun in Cromer, North Walsham and Stalham
- Credit: NNDC
Children are set to have a ball in north Norfolk next month.
North Norfolk District Council has announced the timetable for February's half-term fun at community sports centres in Cromer, North Walsham and Stalham.
The regular school holiday programme has been changed to include more full days - following a request from parents.
'Kids' Zone: jump, run and play all day' activities run from 9.30am to 3pm, instead of a mix of mainly shorter sessions and an occasional full day.
Activities include ball games, football fun day, multisports and street dance. The days will serve different age groups ranging from four to 12-years-old.
Councillor Maggie Prior, Cabinet Member for Leisure, Health and Wellbeing at North Norfolk District Council, said: 'We have listened to the views of both parents and young people, and used that information to change what we offer in our sports centres during half term and holidays.
'There was a clear desire for longer sessions to help busy families and we're delighted to be able to tie that in with offering healthy, active fun at a very reasonable cost.
- 1 More than 20 vendors lined up for town's food festival
- 2 More than 1,000 drivers caught speeding through north Norfolk town
- 3 Bogus roofer going door-to-door in north Norfolk village
- 4 Council won't say if departed senior officer received a payout
- 5 Sand martins stop cliffside house demolition
- 6 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 7 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 8 Three-bed barn conversion at Norfolk beauty spot up for sale for £1.25m
- 9 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 10 Bell McBellface? Names suggested for Norfolk's new beach bell
'All sessions are led by qualified and dedicated staff who know how to make sure young people of various ages have lots of active fun.'
Full details of locations, dates, times and costs can be found at http://www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/sports/docs/Sports-and-winter-17.pdf