Keenly contested table tennis clash ends all square
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
LCC Seals' Rob and Robyn Templeman and Angela and Jeremy James hosted Seaflames Swordfish's Derek Philpott, Shelley Betts and John Eglen in the Second Division of the Star Paving Services North Norfolk League.
For the visitors,Philpott picked up a maximum and Eglen and Betts a single each, all with no sets dropped. while for the hosts both Rob and Robyn Templeman took braces, with Rob beating Betts in five and Eglen in four while Robyn's two wins were both decided in straight sets.
Jeremy James joined the match in the doubles, partnering Rob Templeman for a five set victory over Philpott and Betts that saw the match end as a draw.
Aylsham Albion's John Hall, Owain Atthill and Becky Wood hosted LCC Dolphins' Chris Francis and Mick and Keegan Hammond, with Hall winning the opener in four against Mick Hammond. The Dolphin later picked up a single in four against Wood. Keegan Hammond took a single in straight against Atthill but was edged out 12-10, 8-11, 11-8, 13-11 by Wood.
The remaining singles were won by Albion in straight sets, with a hard fought 11-4, 15-17, 12-10, 11-9 doubles win for Atthill and Wood against the Hammonds concluding the hosts' 8-2 win. LCC Starfishs' Chris Taylor, Stan Munn and Neil Edwards beat Mundesley D's Gudrun Scham, Sarah Tudhope and Tim Shelley 9-1 while Aylsham Conquerors' Roger Crouch, Steve Hollingworth and Ken Seaman won 6-4 at a NWSCF team a player short.
You may also want to watch:
In the Premier Division, Poachers' David Foster and Andy and Laura Marsh hosted Aylsham Hathors' Peter Ward, Dave Johns and Harley Dyson. Foster and Andy Marsh both took full houses, with Andy Marsh beating Dyson in five. Laura Marsh picked up a single with a win in four against Johns as Poachers won 8-2.
A two man Backhanders duo of Teucer Wilson and Paul Warner hosted NWSCB's Dennis Elliott, Werner Zivna and Richard Westgate, with Zivna beating Wilson from two down. Warner took a full house, but NWSCB won 6-4.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
In the First Division, Barracudas' Simon Halliday, Keith Register and Chris Marshall beat Crosscourts' Rod Goffin, Derek Sidaway and Wren Thatcher (playing up) 8-2. N