Keenly contested table tennis clash ends all square
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
LCC Seals' Rob and Robyn Templeman and Angela and Jeremy James hosted Seaflames Swordfish's Derek Philpott, Shelley Betts and John Eglen in the Second Division of the Star Paving Services North Norfolk League.
For the visitors,Philpott picked up a maximum and Eglen and Betts a single each, all with no sets dropped. while for the hosts both Rob and Robyn Templeman took braces, with Rob beating Betts in five and Eglen in four while Robyn's two wins were both decided in straight sets.
Jeremy James joined the match in the doubles, partnering Rob Templeman for a five set victory over Philpott and Betts that saw the match end as a draw.
Aylsham Albion's John Hall, Owain Atthill and Becky Wood hosted LCC Dolphins' Chris Francis and Mick and Keegan Hammond, with Hall winning the opener in four against Mick Hammond. The Dolphin later picked up a single in four against Wood. Keegan Hammond took a single in straight against Atthill but was edged out 12-10, 8-11, 11-8, 13-11 by Wood.
The remaining singles were won by Albion in straight sets, with a hard fought 11-4, 15-17, 12-10, 11-9 doubles win for Atthill and Wood against the Hammonds concluding the hosts' 8-2 win. LCC Starfishs' Chris Taylor, Stan Munn and Neil Edwards beat Mundesley D's Gudrun Scham, Sarah Tudhope and Tim Shelley 9-1 while Aylsham Conquerors' Roger Crouch, Steve Hollingworth and Ken Seaman won 6-4 at a NWSCF team a player short.
You may also want to watch:
In the Premier Division, Poachers' David Foster and Andy and Laura Marsh hosted Aylsham Hathors' Peter Ward, Dave Johns and Harley Dyson. Foster and Andy Marsh both took full houses, with Andy Marsh beating Dyson in five. Laura Marsh picked up a single with a win in four against Johns as Poachers won 8-2.
A two man Backhanders duo of Teucer Wilson and Paul Warner hosted NWSCB's Dennis Elliott, Werner Zivna and Richard Westgate, with Zivna beating Wilson from two down. Warner took a full house, but NWSCB won 6-4.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
In the First Division, Barracudas' Simon Halliday, Keith Register and Chris Marshall beat Crosscourts' Rod Goffin, Derek Sidaway and Wren Thatcher (playing up) 8-2. N