Junior Cup triumph
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.Conditions favoured a fast, open game.
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.
Conditions favoured a fast, open game. Holt took the lead with a Derbyshire penalty after eight minutes then had to weather the UEA storm before Burn seized upon a loose ball and sprinted up the pitch to score, with Derbyshire adding the conversion for 10-0.
Holt had mastered theUEA pack and were winning good ball from the set pieces and at half-time Holt were looking extremely confident.
They increased their lead when Woods scored a push-over try (converted Derbyshire) for 17-0.
UEA scored a deserved converted try but within two minutes a Derbyshire penalty had made it 20-7. Holt went very close through the total dominance in the forwards. At the end of the game another Derbyshire penalty made it 23-7.
Holt again showed how they can play when the chips are down.
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 3 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
- 8 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 9 'Tourists must contribute' - North Norfolk car park fee increase backed
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze