Junior Cup triumph
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.Conditions favoured a fast, open game.
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.
Conditions favoured a fast, open game. Holt took the lead with a Derbyshire penalty after eight minutes then had to weather the UEA storm before Burn seized upon a loose ball and sprinted up the pitch to score, with Derbyshire adding the conversion for 10-0.
Holt had mastered theUEA pack and were winning good ball from the set pieces and at half-time Holt were looking extremely confident.
They increased their lead when Woods scored a push-over try (converted Derbyshire) for 17-0.
UEA scored a deserved converted try but within two minutes a Derbyshire penalty had made it 20-7. Holt went very close through the total dominance in the forwards. At the end of the game another Derbyshire penalty made it 23-7.
Holt again showed how they can play when the chips are down.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 5 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 6 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 7 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 8 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe