Junior Cup triumph
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.Conditions favoured a fast, open game.
Holt hosted and won by 23-7 the final of the Woodforde's Norfolk Junior Cup against the University of East Anglia.
Conditions favoured a fast, open game. Holt took the lead with a Derbyshire penalty after eight minutes then had to weather the UEA storm before Burn seized upon a loose ball and sprinted up the pitch to score, with Derbyshire adding the conversion for 10-0.
Holt had mastered theUEA pack and were winning good ball from the set pieces and at half-time Holt were looking extremely confident.
They increased their lead when Woods scored a push-over try (converted Derbyshire) for 17-0.
You may also want to watch:
UEA scored a deserved converted try but within two minutes a Derbyshire penalty had made it 20-7. Holt went very close through the total dominance in the forwards. At the end of the game another Derbyshire penalty made it 23-7.
Holt again showed how they can play when the chips are down.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’