It’s Runton v Holt Reserves in Lifeboat Cup final
- Credit: Archant
The second semi-final of the Cromer Lifeboat Cup took place at Cabbell Park on Monday evening, with Runton United beating Southrepps 4-0.
Runton reached the final for the fifth successive year as a result of their emphatic win.
They took the lead after two minutes with an unfortunate own goal but failed to capitalise further in the first half, with Southrepps defending well.
Shortly after the break Runton scored their second goal after catching Southrepps cold. Southrepps continued to impress with their determination but went further behind after 70 minutes and conceded a fourth in the final minutes of the game. Southrepps deserve credit for their performance despite the result.
The match was well refereed by Dave Lewiss and his officials Leon Howard and Terry Chase.
You may also want to watch:
Runton will now face Holt Reserves in the final at Cabbell Park on Monday (6.30pm).
- 1 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 2 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 3 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 4 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 7 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 10 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display