Injury dampens Shannocks' victory

Watton FC 0, Sheringham FC 4THE injury to Matt Amis shadowed a convincing 4-0 win away to Watton FC. In the 84th minute a 50-50 challenge left Matt Amis with both fibia and tibia bones broken.

Watton FC 0, Sheringham FC 4

THE injury to Matt Amis shadowed a convincing 4-0 win away to Watton FC. In the 84th minute a 50-50 challenge left Matt Amis with both fibia and tibia bones broken. Amo will have an operation in the morning to bolt the bones together and we all wish Amo the best in his recovery.

Back to the game and a shuffle round by the management saw Bevis, Lacey and Timm in the starting line up writes Shannock Bill.

It didn't take long for the Shannocks to take the lead when in the second minute a precision cross from Kristian Gleave found leading scorer Olly King to prod home at the near post. The Shannocks then mounted a flow of attacks and some slick play saw Timm on the right wing carve out several chances which went begging. Watton had a few spasmodic attacks but with little support up front Nicholls found the going tough. Again a good move involving Lacey, Fox and finally a cross from Kristian Gleave was met by Roy Bevis to nod past the stranded keeper. The home side did have a good chance of their own when down their left some good inter play saw the forward shoot but hit well over the bar.

You may also want to watch:

The second half Watton changed their formation and played with three in the midfield and started to dominate with some good passing. This provided them with several opportunities but some poor finishing saw the chances evaporate. Timm who was switched to the left was having a lot of joy and he finally started a move which saw him shoot on the return to make it 0-3. Shortly afterwards the best move of the game involving King, Bevis, Timm then Fox for a slide rule pass with finally Timm sliding the ball under the advancing keeper. At 4-0 and the game virtually over an innocuous challenge between their right back and Amis saw the game come to an abrupt end. With the team waiting for an ambulance and with approximately six minutes left the officials had no choice but to end the game.

We would like to thank Mike Derbyshire and his assistance for their concern and assistance in the situation and all at Sheringham FC would like to offer their thanks and appreciation for their handling of this unfortunate incident.

Most Read

So still top of the table but with 14 games left the strength of the squad will now be tested. The last two games has seen clean sheets with a back line of Banham, A Gleave, skipper Jordan and the unfortunate Amis. Now Amis' place must be filled but with the management able to call on an ample replacement perhaps the experienced Ben Carver or even Paul Timm I am sure that the strength of the defence will not be compromised.

All the players, management and committee wish Amo the very best on the road to recovery.

This Saturday we host Sprowston Athletic weather permitting at home 2pm ko.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus