Injuries fail to hinder Cromer

North Walsham Town 2, Cromer Town 4

FOR the second week running Cromer made a trip to a local rival, this time it was North Walsham. The Crabs fielded the same team that beat Sheringham last weekend, writes Richard Cox.

It was far from easy for the Crabs who were up against a determined Angels side. Cromer's advantage at the top of the table was extended as teams below them again dropped points.

Hopefully the injuries picked up by Landamore and Osborne will be shaken off easily and maybe they will be fit for the trip this Saturday to Loddon United, kick-off 1.45pm.

The visitors had the first chance of the game when Darren Terrington knocked the ball down to Horton whose first-time strike was tipped round the post by Kellett.

The Crabs were then forced to make two early changes. The first when Landamore was forced off with an ankle injury after landing awkwardly.

Then in the 18th minute Cromer lost their keeper when Osborne collided with a forward and he had to leave the field on a stretcher.

Most Read

This forced a reshuffle in the defence. Harwood came on at right back with Cameron moving into the centre as Bradshaw went in goal.

A few minutes after the changes Cromer took the lead. Harwood's low free-kick could only be pushed out in front of goal by Kellett and Craig Terrington was quickest to react for a tap-in.

There wasn't much fluency to the game with several free-kicks being given for fouls.

Before the break Cromer doubled their advantage. Wilton played the ball inside to Horton whose scuffed effort ran across to Darren Terrington at the back post. He may have been in an offside position, but there was no flag and he had a simple finish.

Just after the hour mark the home side pulled a goal back. A free-kick into the box wasn't cleared and it fell to the feet of Fitzgerald who found the bottom corner.

The Crabs looked to regain their two-goal advantage. Wenham picked out Darren Terrington whose header went wide, but the Cromer No 9 grabbed his second and Cromer's third on 74 minutes.

Harwood delivered a perfect ball into the box which found Terrington, who headed brilliantly into the right corner.

A couple of minutes later it was 4-1. Kellett again couldn't deal with Harwood's free-kick and pushed the ball out for Hinton to finish from close range.

The final minutes of the game saw the home side have most of the play. Fitzgerald made a good run forward and Bradshaw was forced to push the ball out for a corner. From this North Walsham got their second when the ball dropped for Muir to find the back of the net.

There wasn't enough time for a comeback for the home side.