In-form Newton is new club champion at Links Country Park
- Credit: Archant
There is a new name on Links Country Park's Scratch Trophy – for the first time in seven years.
Irving Newton came out on top in the club's annual championship after an excellent opening round of gross 69, which equalled his score in the recent Midsummer Trophy.
After a second round of 80 his gross score for the 36-hole event was 150. The new champion's recent run of good form has seen his handicap cut from 12 to 8 in just three weeks.
The Handicap Trophy was keenly contested, with Eddie Baker winning from Ivor Collett on countback with a better back 18 holes, the nett scores being 132. Just behind in third place was Gareth Hall on 134.
Meanwhile Monica Dorrington held her Ladies Captain's Day in beautiful conditions at Eaton Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners were Sarah Absalom, Carol Riseborough, Margaret Defoe and Rita Bridgeman.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England