In-form Newton is new club champion at Links Country Park
- Credit: Archant
There is a new name on Links Country Park's Scratch Trophy – for the first time in seven years.
Irving Newton came out on top in the club's annual championship after an excellent opening round of gross 69, which equalled his score in the recent Midsummer Trophy.
After a second round of 80 his gross score for the 36-hole event was 150. The new champion's recent run of good form has seen his handicap cut from 12 to 8 in just three weeks.
The Handicap Trophy was keenly contested, with Eddie Baker winning from Ivor Collett on countback with a better back 18 holes, the nett scores being 132. Just behind in third place was Gareth Hall on 134.
Meanwhile Monica Dorrington held her Ladies Captain's Day in beautiful conditions at Eaton Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners were Sarah Absalom, Carol Riseborough, Margaret Defoe and Rita Bridgeman.
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay