In-form Aylsham see off North Walsham in derby clash
- Credit: Archant
Aylsham's surge up the Anglian Combination Division One table continued on Saturday when they took the derby honours at North Walsham.
The visitors came away from Greens Road with an impressive 4-1 victory and have now won four games on the trot since losing 4-2 at home to high-flying Wymondham Town.
Rhys Cousins (2), Tom Bush and James Oliver scored the goals, while Lewis Smith netted the Angels' consolation.
Aylsham are now fourth in the table ahead of Saturday's trip to Watton, although all the teams around them have games in hand.
A difficult season for Cromer Town continued with another heavy defeat, this time at Hindringham.
You may also want to watch:
The Crabs crashed to their 10 straight league reverse, with only three goals scored, as the hosts cruised home 7-0 (Stuart Broughton 2, Harry Bammant, Matthew Hudson, Billy Lawlor, Darren West).
The positive for Cromer is that they are still out there battling after a winless run stretching back to the closing stages of the 2015-16 season and they might just fancy their chances of ending that depressing sequence on Saturday when they visit Loddon, the side immediately above them in the table.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 7 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 10 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
Their hosts are having a tough time too, having lost 11 of their 13 league matches, and have also had a point deducted.
In the Premier Division Stalham Town gave a good account of themselves at leaders Harleston but still returned home empty handed.
Connor Delaney and Scott Roberts got the goals for the home side as they maintained their perfect start to the league season with a 2-1 win, Daniel Camish replying for Stalham.
Next up is a home clash with Caister on Saturday.
Bradenham fell to a 2-1 home defeat against Waveney. George Watts-Sturrock got the hosts' goal but strikes from Chris Bond and Darren Hough saw Waveney take the points.
Caister and Beccles played out a breathless 3-3 draw with Caister's goals coming from Allen Barrett, Gaz Ward and Nick Bailey. Neil Hurren, Robert Bishop and Thomas Galer earned Beccles a point.
Hellesdon kept Acle in the bottom two as they won 3-1.
Holt United slipped down to third place in Division Two on Saturday when Fakenham Reserves took advantage of their inactivity by beating Martham 4-1 at Clipbush Park.
The Owls return to action on Saturday when they make the long journey south to play Thetford Rovers at Euston Park.