Improved display from Sheringham CC
Sheringham entertained second placed Garboldisham in Norfolk Alliance Division Three.
After winning the toss and batting first Sheringham made a positive start.
M Hudson and R Sturgess (27) helped the home side reach 100-2 at drinks, a much improved show on the batting efforts of previous weeks. However old problems surfaced again with a collapse, leaving Sheringham 145 all out.
Hudson 60, was further supported by D Coslett (27), but nobody else reached double figures.
Spinner Sturgess struck early in the Garboldisham reply, and followed that up with a controlled spell of bowling that the visitors couldn't get away.
You may also want to watch:
Having taken 4-21, the game was in the balance.
However, with Sturgess seen off Garboldisham steadied the run chase, and ended up getting home comfortably by five wickets.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
It was an improved performance by the young Sheringham side, but one that can be looked back on as one that got away.
Results are needed urgently if something is to be salvaged from the season, starting away too Old Buckenham this Saturday.
On Sunday Sheringham hosted North Elmham. Ryan Sturgess blasted his way to a maiden century, hitting 129 in 20 overs; dominating a total of 226.
Three wickets apiece from G Enslin and GYoungs, plus two from J Platt, ensured this was more than enough runs, as the visitors were dismissed for 132.
A 94 run win therefore maintained Sheringham's promotion push from RJ Bidewell Division Three.