Holt several lengths behind rugby victors
Holt 6, Newmarket 27Holt suffered a home defeat at the hands of the impressive Eastern Counties One leaders. The hosts made the early running and Allen was on target with a penalty in the first minute.
Holt 6, Newmarket 27
Holt suffered a home defeat at the hands of the impressive Eastern Counties One leaders.
The hosts made the early running and Allen was on target with a penalty in the first minute.
Despite this success, the hosts were unable to make inroads and it was the visitors who equalised with a penalty after 12 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket were showing why they are top of the league and after 22 minutes they increased their lead following a break by their scrum-half to score a converted try.
Holt were having to soak up a lot of pressure, but on the stroke of half-time reduced the arrears to 6-10 with a penalty from Allen.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 10 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting
Despite their efforts to get into the game after the interval Holt did not help their cause when one of their players was
This aided Newmarket in their pressure and it was no surprise when they increased their lead to 17-6 with a converted try.
Just to rub salt into the wounds they added another converted try four minutes later when their scrum-half scored his second following a good break.
This setback put Holt on the back foot, making their task even more difficult, and with three minutes remaining the visitors added another three points from a penalty to complete Holt's misery.