Holt several lengths behind rugby victors
Holt 6, Newmarket 27Holt suffered a home defeat at the hands of the impressive Eastern Counties One leaders. The hosts made the early running and Allen was on target with a penalty in the first minute.
Holt 6, Newmarket 27
Holt suffered a home defeat at the hands of the impressive Eastern Counties One leaders.
The hosts made the early running and Allen was on target with a penalty in the first minute.
Despite this success, the hosts were unable to make inroads and it was the visitors who equalised with a penalty after 12 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket were showing why they are top of the league and after 22 minutes they increased their lead following a break by their scrum-half to score a converted try.
Holt were having to soak up a lot of pressure, but on the stroke of half-time reduced the arrears to 6-10 with a penalty from Allen.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
Despite their efforts to get into the game after the interval Holt did not help their cause when one of their players was
This aided Newmarket in their pressure and it was no surprise when they increased their lead to 17-6 with a converted try.
Just to rub salt into the wounds they added another converted try four minutes later when their scrum-half scored his second following a good break.
This setback put Holt on the back foot, making their task even more difficult, and with three minutes remaining the visitors added another three points from a penalty to complete Holt's misery.