Holt’s poor season continues as they lose again
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Holt's poor season in the Norfolk League continued as they lost by six wickets away at Gooderstone.
They were dismissed for 114, with the home side passing their target in the 32nd over.
Holt won the toss and chose to bat first. Chapman and Thaxter added 30 for the first wicket before Thaxter (6) was run out.
Collyer joined Chapman and they put on 17 before Chapman (26) was caught by Bandy off Rust (1-13). Collyer and Baker added 11 for the third wicket before Collyer (15) was bowled by Chandler (1-21). Baker (8) was the fourth wicket to go, bowled by Seymour.
Holt were 83-4 with Bragg and D Rutterford in the middle but Bragg (7) was bowled by Seymour and then Rutterford (1) was caught at first slip by N Morgan off Seymour.
A Buttle was then caught by Rust off Bandy, leaving Holt 85-7. J Rutterford and Mears then provided quick runs for Holt towards the back end of the innings, adding 25 for the eighth wicket, before Rutterford (13) was trapped lbw by Bandy (2-34).
Mears (17) was the last wicket to go for 10 man Holt, caught and bowled by Seymour (4-17), meaning they were all out for 114.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears
After the interval, Holt got off to a great start with Thaxter (1-17) dismissing C Carter, caught by A Buttle at mid-off. K Morgan and S Carter then put on a 43 run partnership for the second wicket before Collyer dismissed Carter (23), caught by A Buttle at mid-off.
Collyer (2-20) also dismissed K Morgan (25), caught by Thaxter at mid-on, to leave Gooderstone 52-3. Chandler and Bandy then added 19 for the fourth wicket until on-loan bowler Chaney (1-27) dismissed Chandler (3) with an excellent catch by J Rutterford at gully.
Bandy (52 not out) and N Morgan (7 not out) then formed an unbroken 48 run partnership, with Bandy hitting the winning runs with a massive six over long on, bringing up his 50, to complete a six wicket victory for Gooderstone.
This result keeps Holt firmly bottom of the table on just 11 points ahead of their next game away to league leaders Narborough CC.
In Division One Happisburgh were well beaten by leaders Castle Rising who got home without losing a wicket when chasing 160.
Overstrand remain fourth after beating St Andrews to preserve their long unbeaten home record. They made 217-4 and then bowled the opposition out for 184.