Holt round off a tough season by giving high-flyers something to think about
- Credit: Archant
Holt lost by three wickets in their final Norfolk League encounter of the season at home to second place Reepham & Salle.
After being dismissed for 105 the Holt bowlers put in a decent effort before the visitors sealed their win in the 36th over.
Reepham & Salle chose to field first and Holt's innings got off to a bad start when Thaxter was caught behind by wicketkeeper W Hollis off J Wilson (1-16).
Collyer (3) was next to go, caught at short cover by Wilson off G Wright. S Baker was then bowled by G Wright, leaving Holt 29-3.
Chapman was scoring fluently however and he was joined by L Bragg who offered some resistance, but he was next to go for four, caught at slip by W Allen off G Wright (3-26). Lickley also showed support for Chapman, who was batting well for Holt, but he also went for four, lbw to Fox (1-18).
You may also want to watch:
J Rutterford joined Chapman and fought hard, but he was next to go for five, bowled by R Allen. to leave the relegated home side on 74-7.
Barrell then showed attacking intent but he was also bowled by R Allen (2-21) for six. Chapman passed his well-made 50 and was offered some support from A Buttle (8) before he was caught off W Allen. Mears (4) was the last wicket to go, caught off W Allen (2-6), as Chapman carried his bat through for an unbeaten 58, with Holt all out for 105.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast
Holt got off to an excellent start with the ball when Bragg bowled G Wright (4). R Allen and J Hollis then got Reepham and Salle's innings going, putting on a 37 for the second wicket before Mears dismissed Hollis (24), caught well by J Rutterford. Collyer then bowled Allen (12), leaving Reepham and Salle 47-3.
W Hollis and J Wilson steadied things for Reepham and Salle, adding 19 runs for the fourth wicket, but Collyer (2-29) then dismissed Hollis (5), caught behind by wicket-keeper Baker. Bragg was brought back on for Holt and he got a wicket in his first over back, dismissing Harwood (4), caught by wicketkeeper Baker.
It was 93-6 when Lester (8) was caught by Chapman off L Bragg (3-29). R Hollis (1) was caught at slip by Lickley off Mears (2-14), making the score 99-7.
Reepham & Salle needed another seven runs and they got there in the 36th over, to win by three wickets. J Wilson was 21 not out, and W Allen three not out.