Holt RFC get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Holt 8 Old Cooperians 25
Holt got their season back on track after three straight defeats with a deserved win in Upminster. Tigerish tackling by the home side kept the score down and prevented Holt earning a bonus point from this hard-fought game.
Holt started confidently and were soon three points up after a penalty converted by Jackson. Old Cooperians quickly responded when a loose ball was kicked through and they won the race to the touch down to make it 5-3.
The Holt pack started to produce a steady flow of good possession and, following a well executed driving maul, wing-forward Sutch touched down for an unconverted try to make the score 5-8. The home side drew level with a penalty before the Holt forwards combined well to put away winger Riley whose score was converted by Jackson, taking the score to 8-15 at half-time.
Although Holt dominated the possession in the second half they found it very difficult to breach the home side's well organised defence.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, after sustained pressure, Holt's centre Mears took the ball at pace and crashed over the line for a try with the conversion by Jackson making it 8-22. Holt continued to dominate and sealed their win with another Jackson penalty making the score 8-25 at the final whistle.
The Holt Woodfordes man of the match was prop Dayne Canning who impressed with his scrummaging and ball-carrying skills.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 4 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
Other results: Holt II 19 Norwich II 27, Crusaders II 61 Holt III 0.