Holt RFC get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Holt 8 Old Cooperians 25
Holt got their season back on track after three straight defeats with a deserved win in Upminster. Tigerish tackling by the home side kept the score down and prevented Holt earning a bonus point from this hard-fought game.
Holt started confidently and were soon three points up after a penalty converted by Jackson. Old Cooperians quickly responded when a loose ball was kicked through and they won the race to the touch down to make it 5-3.
The Holt pack started to produce a steady flow of good possession and, following a well executed driving maul, wing-forward Sutch touched down for an unconverted try to make the score 5-8. The home side drew level with a penalty before the Holt forwards combined well to put away winger Riley whose score was converted by Jackson, taking the score to 8-15 at half-time.
Although Holt dominated the possession in the second half they found it very difficult to breach the home side's well organised defence.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, after sustained pressure, Holt's centre Mears took the ball at pace and crashed over the line for a try with the conversion by Jackson making it 8-22. Holt continued to dominate and sealed their win with another Jackson penalty making the score 8-25 at the final whistle.
The Holt Woodfordes man of the match was prop Dayne Canning who impressed with his scrummaging and ball-carrying skills.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Other results: Holt II 19 Norwich II 27, Crusaders II 61 Holt III 0.