Holt RFC beaten again despite brave comeback
- Credit: Archant
Holt 15 Enfield Ignatians 22
Despite an impressive performance in the second half Holt only managed to secure a losing bonus point against a well-drilled Enfield side.
The visitors dominated the first quarter of the game and took advantage of Holt's inability to secure possession of the ball from their own line-outs and scrums.
The larger Enfield pack dominated the early phases of the game and after 10 minutes were 12 points ahead through two tries from their number eight, one of which was converted. Holt had their chances before half-time but were unable to get on the scoreboard and a penalty converted by Enfield made the score 15-0 at half-time.
Holt seemed much more organised in the second half and had enough chances to win the game.
You may also want to watch:
Holt full-back Jackson converted a penalty but a mix-up when Holt tried to run the ball from behind their line gifted Enfield a converted try to make the score 3-22.
The final quarter of the game was dominated by Holt with scrum-half Van Poortvliet darting over for an unconverted try followed by a slick three-quarter move which put Humberstone over for a try converted by Jackson. Holt failed to capitalise on other chances which left the final score at 15- 22.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 4 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 9 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Woodfordes man-of-the-match was captain Bruce Van Poortvliet.
Other result: Norwich Union 15 Holt II 17.