Holt miss out on rugby double
Woodbridge 16, Holt 8Holt failed to complete a double over a side below them in the table. They played with the elements in the first half - but went in at the break 8-3 down.
Woodbridge 16, Holt 8
Holt failed to complete a double over a side below them in the table.
They played with the elements in the first half - but went in at the break 8-3 down. The home side took a 3-0 lead with a penalty midway through the half. This stung Holt back on to the attack and two minutes later Allen was on target to level. Three minutes short of half-time Woodbridge mounted an attack for their full back to score a simple unconverted try in the corner.
Holt had the better of exchanges in the early stages of the second half and after 12 minutes were rewarded after good pressure by the forwards when Child was driven over the line for an unconverted try to level the scores. This really was the end of Holt's attacks for the rest of the game and after 18 minutes a Woodbridge flanker ran through to score an unconverted try. Woodbridge kept up the pressure and made the game safe at 16-8 with four minutes to go with a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 8 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 9 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 10 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed