Holt Harlequins shine on national hockey stage
A busy weekend saw Holt Harlequins travel to Gorleston in the league before hosting Rutland in the England Hockey Vase.
Holt were slow out of the blocks at Gorleston, finding themselves 2-0 down at half-time against a solid side. Andy Day produced some excellent saves to stop Gorleston from scoring more.
Holt showed their fighting spirit in the second half and pulled a goal back when Charlie Mack dived and steered the ball into the net with a one handed deflection. One became two soon after when Ben Plumb struck the ball goalwards with a ferocious strike that could only be turned into the goal by a defender. Despite having more of the ball in the second half, Holt could not find the winner and a draw was a fair result for both sides.
On Sunday the Harlequins were feeling a little tired after such a tough match but this did not show when they stepped onto the pitch.
n TURN TO PAGE 63
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats