Holt Harlequins shine on national hockey stage
A busy weekend saw Holt Harlequins travel to Gorleston in the league before hosting Rutland in the England Hockey Vase.
Holt were slow out of the blocks at Gorleston, finding themselves 2-0 down at half-time against a solid side. Andy Day produced some excellent saves to stop Gorleston from scoring more.
Holt showed their fighting spirit in the second half and pulled a goal back when Charlie Mack dived and steered the ball into the net with a one handed deflection. One became two soon after when Ben Plumb struck the ball goalwards with a ferocious strike that could only be turned into the goal by a defender. Despite having more of the ball in the second half, Holt could not find the winner and a draw was a fair result for both sides.
On Sunday the Harlequins were feeling a little tired after such a tough match but this did not show when they stepped onto the pitch.
n TURN TO PAGE 63
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer