Holt Harlequins shine on national hockey stage
A busy weekend saw Holt Harlequins travel to Gorleston in the league before hosting Rutland in the England Hockey Vase.
Holt were slow out of the blocks at Gorleston, finding themselves 2-0 down at half-time against a solid side. Andy Day produced some excellent saves to stop Gorleston from scoring more.
Holt showed their fighting spirit in the second half and pulled a goal back when Charlie Mack dived and steered the ball into the net with a one handed deflection. One became two soon after when Ben Plumb struck the ball goalwards with a ferocious strike that could only be turned into the goal by a defender. Despite having more of the ball in the second half, Holt could not find the winner and a draw was a fair result for both sides.
On Sunday the Harlequins were feeling a little tired after such a tough match but this did not show when they stepped onto the pitch.
n TURN TO PAGE 63
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 2 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 3 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 4 Norfolk MPs have their say ahead of vote on Covid tiers
- 5 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 6 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 7 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 8 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go