Holt CC are unable to build on a promising start
Holt CC's poor start to the season continued when they suffered a 93 run defeat at home to joint league leaders Narborough.
Holt won the toss and elected to field first and Thaxter provided them with the perfect start as he dismissed opener J Crisp with his second ball, caught by J Rutterford at square leg.
D Yeates-Cornwall joined S King at the wicket and with the score on 17, Yeates-Cornwall (2) was bowled by Thaxter, while four balls later, Thaxter (3-12) also had Green caught behind by D Rutterford.
D King joined S King, and both batsmen saw through the 10 over spells of both Thaxter and Collyer (0-22). With the opposition on 39-3 after 20 overs, Holt were in an excellent position, and that was strengthened further in the next few overs, when J Rutterford dismissed D King (14), caught at mid-on by Chapman, and Mears (1-20) removed Hammond, caught by D Rutterford, leaving Narborough on 51-5.
However opener S King remained defiant and he was joined by Grass in a partnership off 66 before A Buttle (1-24) ended King's resistance, having him caught by Mears for 43.
You may also want to watch:
Grass passed his half century but on 53 was bowled by J Rutterford (2-59). D Cornwall (13 not out) and O Reynolds (9 not out) helped Narborough reach 165-7 off their 45 overs.
In reply Holt lost Chapman (3) and Spillett (6) cheaply to run-outs. Narborough brought on D Cornwall for O Reynolds and in his second over, he had Collyer (1) caught by wicket-keeper J Crisp. D Rutterford joined Thaxter and they helped Holt reach 65-3, before Thaxter's resistance was ended on 34, when he was caught by Grass off Steeles.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
Rutterford (13) was then bowled by D Cornwall and wickets started tumbling at a quick rate, as J Rutterford was caught by S King off D Cornwall and P Buttle was bowled by Steeles (2-19). A Buttle struck a boundary, and tried to show attacking intent, but he was bowled on 7 by D Cornwall.
Holt were then bowled out for 72, as Mears was caught by O Reynolds off D Cornwall (5-22).
It was another disappointing day for Holt, who lacked discipline all round against a very good Narborough side.
The result kept Holt second from bottom in Division Two West of the NCL. Holt's next games are in the cup at home to Overstand and at Felthorpe A in the league.