Hockey team aims for top
Dereham IV 2, North Walsham 3NORTH Walsham entered this game with the aim of returning to the top of the table over Christmas.With a number of players missing they met a formidable Dereham side and this was reflected in a number of early chances for Dereham who got a short corner in the first five minutes, followed by a close miss from a poor Walsham 16.
Dereham IV 2, North Walsham 3
NORTH Walsham entered this game with the aim of returning to the top of the table over Christmas.
With a number of players missing they met a formidable Dereham side and this was reflected in a number of early chances for Dereham who got a short corner in the first five minutes, followed by a close miss from a poor Walsham 16.
Walsham soon got into their stride and Ashley Green beat the keeper before missing an open goal.
You may also want to watch:
The deadlock was broken right at the end of the first half with a goal from Tom Cox. After half-time Walsham played some nice passing hockey but Dereham equalised within minutes of the second half beginning. The next 10 minutes was a period of good pressure from Dereham but good defence by Buck, Dale and Younger kept Dereham at bay. A poor Dereham clearance gave Walsham gave a chance for Richard Nickerson to slap a goal in.
A run from Cox saw him lift a shot over the bar but minutes later Nickerson added a second, set up by Green. Pete Gardner crossed a ball into the D to see it deflected into the goal by a Dereham player, the cross was ruled out of the D by the umpire.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
Dereham won a short corner late on, coolly converted.
North Walsham III 2,
North Walsham IV 2
THE excitement of this end-to-end match was appreciated by a good crowd. Man of the match was undoubtedly III's keeper Chris Wildee who was outstanding. At the other end of the pitch 14-year-old Luke Tuthill also made some fine saves on his debut.
This game was about good squad performances and was played in a competitive yet sportsmanlike way.
III were the first to score via James Carswell and he scored again late in the first half. After the break the IVs scored when a fine cross by Dan Cheesman was met by David Duncombe. Late on Brendan Clements levelled the score at 2-2.