Hockey: Panthers make winning return
Panthers were glad to be back on the pitch following three weeks off due to the weather and came away from King's Lynn with a 3-1 win over Pelicans III.
Panthers took control of the game from the start and an excellent passing move meant a goal for Gail Rudd in the first five minutes, following an excellent run down the right wing and precision pass from Georgina Stannett.
The second Panthers goal was another for Rudd, who took the final touch following a goal mouth scramble although Stannett might stake a claim to it.
The second half carried on much the same, with both teams making good breaks and moves into each other's circle which were dealt with well by both sets of defence. Panthers' third goal came from Stannett following a combined move with Rachael Mayes, a goal well deserved following her great performance.
Pelicans pulled a goal back following a rare lapse by the Panthers. Panthers were pleased to finish the game with another three points keeping them well on top of the Premier Division of the Marshall Motors Norfolk League.
You may also want to watch:
Panthers' player of the match was Lou Longhorn.
Elsewhere North Walsham beat Christchurch 6-2 in the East League, North Walsham II drew 1-1 with Sprowston II and Walsham's men lost 4-1 at home to UEA.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 9 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting
- 10 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities