Hockey: Panthers make winning return
Panthers were glad to be back on the pitch following three weeks off due to the weather and came away from King's Lynn with a 3-1 win over Pelicans III.
Panthers took control of the game from the start and an excellent passing move meant a goal for Gail Rudd in the first five minutes, following an excellent run down the right wing and precision pass from Georgina Stannett.
The second Panthers goal was another for Rudd, who took the final touch following a goal mouth scramble although Stannett might stake a claim to it.
The second half carried on much the same, with both teams making good breaks and moves into each other's circle which were dealt with well by both sets of defence. Panthers' third goal came from Stannett following a combined move with Rachael Mayes, a goal well deserved following her great performance.
Pelicans pulled a goal back following a rare lapse by the Panthers. Panthers were pleased to finish the game with another three points keeping them well on top of the Premier Division of the Marshall Motors Norfolk League.
You may also want to watch:
Panthers' player of the match was Lou Longhorn.
Elsewhere North Walsham beat Christchurch 6-2 in the East League, North Walsham II drew 1-1 with Sprowston II and Walsham's men lost 4-1 at home to UEA.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van