Hockey joy for Gresham's
Gresham's Prep School boys' U13 and U11 sides both won their respective Norfolk Championships and qualified for their Prep Schools National Finals.Gresham's hosted the East round of the National Prep Schools' Championships.
Gresham's Prep School boys' U13 and U11 sides both won their respective Norfolk Championships and qualified for their Prep Schools National Finals.
Gresham's hosted the East round of the National Prep Schools' Championships. The U11 boys came second overall after a couple of drawn games against Town Close and eventual winners Abbey School (Woodbridge) lowered their overall points total. Second was good enough to qualify for the finals at Clifton, Bristol, in a week's time.
The senior (U13) boys went one better and won all their matches against the major hockey playing schools of the East. They travel to Millfield School in Somerset next week also. Both teams won the Norfolk Mini-Hockey Championship and now go onto the East final round where they get the chance to qualify for the English National (schools and clubs) Championships.
The boys both won all their respective pool games, semi-finals and finals to win the Norfolk title. Callum Mackenzie had an outstanding tournament scoring at least once in every game.
You may also want to watch:
This was the eighth time in row that the U11s had won the title whilst the U13s have won this six times in the last eight years.
The girls were not to outdone last Sunday when the U11s won the Norfolk Mini-Hockey Championship.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
They were undisputed champions after winning all their games by at least four goals.
The U13s play their Norfolk matches in two weeks time.
The two girls' sides won through to the National Prep Schools finals last term where they finished in the top four of their competitions.
The boys' Norfolk successes complete a clean sweep of Norfolk Boys' titles this year as the senior school U14, U15, U16, U18 sides all won their Norfolk Championships in January.