Hockey club's big day
North Walsham Hockey Club celeb-rated the end of their 10th season with the annual Club Day.Men, women and juniors joined together in two inter-club tournaments - one for juniors and one for adults - during the day, followed by a presentation evening, with trophies sponsored by Mundesley Spar.
North Walsham Hockey Club celeb-rated the end of their 10th season with the annual Club Day.
Men, women and juniors joined together in two inter-club tournaments - one for juniors and one for adults - during the day, followed by a presentation evening, with trophies sponsored by Mundesley Spar.
This year was extra special, as the club was also celebrating one of their young players being cleared of psoriatic arthritis.
The player is only 11 years old and has had the condition for seven years.
To celebrate his recovery, the club held a grand raffle and would like to thank all the companies who donated prizes and arrow spinner game to raise money for Arthritis Research Campaign (ARC).
The club also donated all the match fees for the day to help this cause and raised a total of £263.
- 1 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 2 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 3 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 4 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 5 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Ziggurat in pub's deer park could stay for good
- 9 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 10 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
This has been a successful season for North Walsham Hockey Club, with the ladies' first team looking likely to gain promotion to the East League after finishing second in Norfolk's Martin and Acock Premier Division.
The club is also planning to enter a fourth men's team into the league for the 2008/9 season starting in September. Training will re-start in August.
Further information is at the club website www.northwalshamhockey.co.uk or call Jo Todd on 01692 404440.
New members are always welcome.