High scores in cup ties
Optic NEN League
Most of the League programme was taken up with the start of the Divisional League Cups.
In the Smallburgh Crown Division One League Cup, Runton entertained North Walsham A and with a 4-2 victory booked themselves a trip to Gimingham in round two, who for their part beat Hickling at home 7-0.
Ludham inflicted the first domestic defeat of the season on East Ruston when they beat their hosts 3-1 to set up a trip to North Walsham Old Boys. Briston received a walk-over as Horning could not raise a side and they have a home tie against Corpusty. Coltishall will host Aldborough Lions.
You may also want to watch:
In the Rivett Motors Division Two Cup, Mundesley's 6-0 thumping of Corpusty Reserves sees them entertain Worstead in the next round.
Holt A and Cromer Youth Old Boys ended goalless but Holt went through after a penalty shoot-out to set up a visit to Felmingham. Haisboro Athletic's' reward for seeing off Buxton Reserves is a trip to Lyng, with Erpingham having home advantage over Aylsham A.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 8 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 9 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 10 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
The Walcott Lighthouse Division Three League Cup saw Blakeney notch up an 8-2 success at home over Gimingham Reserves which means they now travel to Holt Colts.
Mundesley Reserves also netted eight, at Erpingham Reserves, and will entertain Cawston in round two.
Glaven Valley were the odd-goal winners of three over Aldborough Lions Reserves to give themselves a home tie with Sutton Rangers, whist East Ruston Reserves will be at home to Briston Reserves.
In the Slater & Frith Division One, Corpusty and North Walsham Old Boys ended goalless.
In the only Wayford Nurseries Division Two game Aylsham A won the the derby against Erpingham 8-1.
Cawston are the new leaders of the Knights Trophies Division Three after a 2-1 success at Sutton Rangers.