Helsinki awaits for Aylsham karate kid
- Credit: Emma Panday
Aylsham youngster Cameron Panday has been chosen to take his karate talents to Finland.
The 12-year-old Aylsham High School pupil is among the English Karate Federation (EKF) youth squad selected for the Helsinki Open in August after successful performances at tournaments around the country.
His collection of medals includes competitions such as the EKF Open, the British International Open and over 30 other tournaments.
'Having started karate six years ago, Cameron turned his pastime into a passion and has his sights firmly set on representing his country at senior level and to be an Olympian,' the youngster's mum, Emma Panday, explained.
'Cameron attained his Black belt at the age of 10 and realised that there was a lifetime of karate learning ahead of him.'
You may also want to watch:
Any company or individual interested in sponsoring Cameron can contact Emma on 07432 581585.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer