Gresham's marksmen in fine form
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession.
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.
Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession. They have been the school's shooting champions for four years.
Gresham's B team were second behind them.
Gresham's also won the BSSRA Under 16 league and claimed back the Team of Eight competition, where they put down a perfect 600 ex 600 in both rounds.
You may also want to watch:
In the National Smallbore Rifle Association Junior Winter competition, Gresham's again achieved a double-header, the B team besting the A team.
In the West Kent Rifle League Prince William of Wales match, a national open competition, was John Bartlett, a teacher of physics and electronics at Gresham's who took up shooting only last September. Three scores of 96 awarded him the trophy and gold medal for winning the E Class section and helped him to win the E Class Pairs event in conjunction with another beginner, 13-year-old pupil George Anderson.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches