Gresham's marksmen in fine form
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession.
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.
Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession. They have been the school's shooting champions for four years.
Gresham's B team were second behind them.
Gresham's also won the BSSRA Under 16 league and claimed back the Team of Eight competition, where they put down a perfect 600 ex 600 in both rounds.
You may also want to watch:
In the National Smallbore Rifle Association Junior Winter competition, Gresham's again achieved a double-header, the B team besting the A team.
In the West Kent Rifle League Prince William of Wales match, a national open competition, was John Bartlett, a teacher of physics and electronics at Gresham's who took up shooting only last September. Three scores of 96 awarded him the trophy and gold medal for winning the E Class section and helped him to win the E Class Pairs event in conjunction with another beginner, 13-year-old pupil George Anderson.
- 1 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 4 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 5 Woman’s body was found at home by husband, inquest told
- 6 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 7 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Welcome to our new website
- 9 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 10 Bid to close second-home owner’s tax dodge loophole