Gresham's marksmen in fine form
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession.
The Rifle Club at Gresham's school, Holt, has seen a volley of recent team and individual victories.
Shooting with .22 inch calibre target rifles at 25 yards, their five-strong A team claimed Division One of the British Schools Smallbore Rifle Association leagues for the twelfth term in succession. They have been the school's shooting champions for four years.
Gresham's B team were second behind them.
Gresham's also won the BSSRA Under 16 league and claimed back the Team of Eight competition, where they put down a perfect 600 ex 600 in both rounds.
You may also want to watch:
In the National Smallbore Rifle Association Junior Winter competition, Gresham's again achieved a double-header, the B team besting the A team.
In the West Kent Rifle League Prince William of Wales match, a national open competition, was John Bartlett, a teacher of physics and electronics at Gresham's who took up shooting only last September. Three scores of 96 awarded him the trophy and gold medal for winning the E Class section and helped him to win the E Class Pairs event in conjunction with another beginner, 13-year-old pupil George Anderson.
- 1 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 2 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 3 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 4 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 5 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 6 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 7 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000