Golf captains get together
Saturday saw the return of 16 past captains to The Links Country Park Golf Club in West Runton for a golf tournament and presentation dinner.They came from different parts of the county and country with one making the journey back from Spain.
Saturday saw the return of 16 past captains to The Links Country Park Golf Club in West Runton for a golf tournament and presentation dinner.
They came from different parts of the county and country with one making the journey back from Spain. This was Keith Hargrave who originated the competition and donated the trophy back in 1997.
The event had lapsed in recent years and current club captain, Malcolm Munday, was keen to reinstate it. 'Over 27 years of captaincy was represented by the assembled group, which is a heritage that needed recognition,' he stated.
The competition was won by the immediate Past Captain, Bob Davies, with a credible score, under the conditions, of 34 Stableford points. Greg Knowles (2005) was second with 31 points and Ivor Collett (2004) third with 30 points. The picture shows Bob Davies (right) receiving the trophy from Keith Hargrave.
- 1 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 2 Bar and restaurant could open in old coach house
- 3 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Three people injured after Land Rover and lorry crash on the A140
- 6 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 7 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 8 Missing north Norfolk woman found safe and well in Leeds
- 9 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week