Goals flow in top flight
Optic Night Club (NEN) League
IT was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham winning, Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham A.
Second-placed Coltishall won 8-0 at home to Briston, Runton travelled to Ludham and won 5-3, and there were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions beating Hickling 7-3.
Corpusty's veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points when a last-gasp equaliser cancelled out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending 1-1. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, move in closer after a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves, with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick. Also on target were James Underhill, Phil Ashling and Otis Hernandez.
Third-placed Aylsham A, at home to Felmingham, were also amongst the goals, winning 7-1.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at the former's ground and it was Blakeney who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler in a 3-0 success.
Blakeney are three points clear at the top having played a game less. There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves. Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.