Goals flow in top flight
Optic Night Club (NEN) League
IT was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham winning, Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham A.
Second-placed Coltishall won 8-0 at home to Briston, Runton travelled to Ludham and won 5-3, and there were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions beating Hickling 7-3.
Corpusty's veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points when a last-gasp equaliser cancelled out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending 1-1. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, move in closer after a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves, with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick. Also on target were James Underhill, Phil Ashling and Otis Hernandez.
Third-placed Aylsham A, at home to Felmingham, were also amongst the goals, winning 7-1.
- 1 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 2 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Peter Smith: 'The holes in the fabric of our town'
- 5 Have your say: 7 projects that could 'regenerate' Cromer
- 6 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail
- 7 'A fantastic four days' - North Walsham enjoys return of Funday
- 8 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Three-bed barn conversion at Norfolk beauty spot up for sale for £1.25m
- 10 Rare chance to travel on historic trains during railway's Vintage Week
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at the former's ground and it was Blakeney who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler in a 3-0 success.
Blakeney are three points clear at the top having played a game less. There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves. Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.