Goals flow in top flight
Optic Night Club (NEN) League
IT was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham winning, Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham A.
Second-placed Coltishall won 8-0 at home to Briston, Runton travelled to Ludham and won 5-3, and there were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions beating Hickling 7-3.
Corpusty's veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points when a last-gasp equaliser cancelled out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending 1-1. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, move in closer after a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves, with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick. Also on target were James Underhill, Phil Ashling and Otis Hernandez.
Third-placed Aylsham A, at home to Felmingham, were also amongst the goals, winning 7-1.
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 3 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 8 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
- 9 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 10 'Tourists must contribute' - North Norfolk car park fee increase backed
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at the former's ground and it was Blakeney who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler in a 3-0 success.
Blakeney are three points clear at the top having played a game less. There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves. Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.