Goals flow in top flight
Optic Night Club (NEN) League
IT was business as usual at the top of the Slater & Frith Division One with leaders Gimingham winning, Glen Thurston claiming a brace and Graham Turner also netting in their 3-1 success over North Walsham A.
Second-placed Coltishall won 8-0 at home to Briston, Runton travelled to Ludham and won 5-3, and there were goals galore at Aldborough Green, with Lions beating Hickling 7-3.
Corpusty's veteran substitute Simon Williams denied East Ruston all three points when a last-gasp equaliser cancelled out an Ash Wilton strike, the game ending 1-1. Horning were 7-0 winners at North Walsham Old Boys.
Worstead dropped vital points at the top of Wayford Nurseries Division Two when they were held to a 3-3 draw by Buxton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Haisboro Athletic, with games in hand, move in closer after a 6-0 home win over Corpusty Reserves, with Alan Maxwell notching a hat-trick. Also on target were James Underhill, Phil Ashling and Otis Hernandez.
Third-placed Aylsham A, at home to Felmingham, were also amongst the goals, winning 7-1.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
The top two in the Knights Trophies Division Three, Blakeney and Cawston, met at the former's ground and it was Blakeney who took the honours thanks to a brace from Toby Blowers and one from Mark Sadler in a 3-0 success.
Blakeney are three points clear at the top having played a game less. There were home wins for Glaven Valley 7-2 over East Ruston Reserves and Holt Colt 3-2 over Mundesley Reserves. Sutton Rangers won 4-0 at Erpingham Reserves.