Football clubs hoping for a return to action
Footballers will be hoping to get back into action on Saturday after the big freeze left all of the area's Anglian Combination teams clicking their heels.
If the weather relents the pick of the games will be at Greens Road (2.30pm) as North Walsham bid to complete a swift double over Sheringham, having beaten the Shannocks 2-1 in early December.
The Angels have only played three games since then, and have lost them all, with two narrow defeats at the hands of bottom club Wells being followed by a 4-3 defeat at St Andrews. The poor run has left them only four points clear of the drop zone, having played more games than the bottom two.
Sheringham, meanwhile, have taken four points from their previous two matches and could move into the top five if they win.
Cromer Town have two opportunties to regain top spot in the Premier Division, with a home game against Loddon on Saturday (2.30) being followed by a clash under floodlights against Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finalists Norwich St Johns on Tuesday evening (7.30pm). The Crabs are a point behind Blofield, who will be in action along the coast on Wednesday evening when they take on Sheringham (7.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
In Division One Holt United will be going for a third straight win when they entertain Caister (2) while high-flying Aylsham will be attempting to maintain their Division Two promotion push in an match at Hempnall Reserves (2).
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK