Eight point lead for Aylsham FC
Aylsham moved eight points clear at the top of Division Two of the Anglian Conbination on Saturday after beating visitors Thorpe Village 3-0.
The home side turned in a dominant performance, with goals from Matty Henderson (2) and Mark Critten maintaining their excellent form since the turn of the year.
With closest rivals Attleborough Town and Thetford Rovers drawing 2-2 the result in match sponsored by by Keymers Garage, was enough to open up a big gap at the top, although Attleborough do have three games in hand on Aylsham and Rovers two.
There's another big test for Brian Clark's side on Saturday when they travel to Acle Reserves (2.30), who currently hold fourth position.
In the top flight North Walsham's woes continued as they went down to a 3-1 defeat at title-chasing Blofield, with Karl Mills, Liam Barnes and Dan Wynne scoring for the hosts. The Angels, who are still looking for their first win of 2012, remain just two points clear of the relegation places. with Wymondham Town, the side immediately below them, having a game in hand.
You may also want to watch:
All of which makes Saturday's local derby against leaders Cromer Town at Greens Road (2.30pm) absolutely vital. The Crabs need a win to ensure they keep hold of top spot while their near neighbours know three points could give them just the impetus they need to pull clear of trouble.
Sheringham, who were without a game at the weekend, should be refreshed after a two-week break as they head to Cringleford to take on Norwich St Johns (2.30pm). The hosts have struggled of late, with a 9-0 thrashing by Thetford in the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup setting them back, but the Shannocks will be taking nothing for granted as they look to consolidate their position in the top half of the table.
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 New Wells lobster hatchery to support sustainability
In Division One Holt came away from the outskirts of Norwich with a decent result after drawing 1-1 with fifth placed Hellesdon, Kevin Moore scored the Owls' goal, with Ryan Woods netting for the hosts.
The result kept Holt five points clear of the drop zone and they will be aiming to move further away from the bottom two on Saturday when they play host to mid-table Norwich CEYMS (2.30pm).