Early start, and defeat, for Wanderers in the Alliance
The Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance cricket season started early for Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers when they lost in the Premier Division by six wickets at home to a Fakenham side which played in the East Anglian Premier League last season.
Wanderers made 217 for nine (Jeremy Elliott 39) with Fakenham replying with 221 for four. Wanderers are at Vauxhall Mallards A on Saturday.
Cromer start their Premier campaign at home to Stow, while in Division One Bradfield entertain Swardeston A. In Division Two, Sheringham visit Garboldisham.
Ashmanhaugh (198 for nine) started their Division Three fixtures at Sprowston A (314 for seven) and this weekend are at home to the same side. In Division Four, Cromer A visit Narborough.
In Division Five, Aldborough (108 for five) started at Winterton (198 for seven) and this weekend are at Diss A. N&CW A entertain Swardeston/CEYMS.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Six, Bradfield A visit Lowestoft A.
In the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League, Division Two, Overstand entertain Felthorpe, Aylsham St Giles are at hme to Sprowston B and Happisburgh visit Norwich Bystanders.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 10 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
In Division Four, N&CW B entertain Lowestoft B and Aldborough A are at home to Watton. Division Seven side Reepham & Salle entertain Bacton. Happisburgh A are without a league fixture.