Early start, and defeat, for Wanderers in the Alliance
The Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance cricket season started early for Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers when they lost in the Premier Division by six wickets at home to a Fakenham side which played in the East Anglian Premier League last season.
Wanderers made 217 for nine (Jeremy Elliott 39) with Fakenham replying with 221 for four. Wanderers are at Vauxhall Mallards A on Saturday.
Cromer start their Premier campaign at home to Stow, while in Division One Bradfield entertain Swardeston A. In Division Two, Sheringham visit Garboldisham.
Ashmanhaugh (198 for nine) started their Division Three fixtures at Sprowston A (314 for seven) and this weekend are at home to the same side. In Division Four, Cromer A visit Narborough.
In Division Five, Aldborough (108 for five) started at Winterton (198 for seven) and this weekend are at Diss A. N&CW A entertain Swardeston/CEYMS.
In Division Six, Bradfield A visit Lowestoft A.
In the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League, Division Two, Overstand entertain Felthorpe, Aylsham St Giles are at hme to Sprowston B and Happisburgh visit Norwich Bystanders.
- 1 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 4 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 5 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 10 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
In Division Four, N&CW B entertain Lowestoft B and Aldborough A are at home to Watton. Division Seven side Reepham & Salle entertain Bacton. Happisburgh A are without a league fixture.