Early start, and defeat, for Wanderers in the Alliance
The Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance cricket season started early for Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers when they lost in the Premier Division by six wickets at home to a Fakenham side which played in the East Anglian Premier League last season.
Wanderers made 217 for nine (Jeremy Elliott 39) with Fakenham replying with 221 for four. Wanderers are at Vauxhall Mallards A on Saturday.
Cromer start their Premier campaign at home to Stow, while in Division One Bradfield entertain Swardeston A. In Division Two, Sheringham visit Garboldisham.
Ashmanhaugh (198 for nine) started their Division Three fixtures at Sprowston A (314 for seven) and this weekend are at home to the same side. In Division Four, Cromer A visit Narborough.
In Division Five, Aldborough (108 for five) started at Winterton (198 for seven) and this weekend are at Diss A. N&CW A entertain Swardeston/CEYMS.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Six, Bradfield A visit Lowestoft A.
In the Lucas Fettes Norfolk League, Division Two, Overstand entertain Felthorpe, Aylsham St Giles are at hme to Sprowston B and Happisburgh visit Norwich Bystanders.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
In Division Four, N&CW B entertain Lowestoft B and Aldborough A are at home to Watton. Division Seven side Reepham & Salle entertain Bacton. Happisburgh A are without a league fixture.