Derbyshire confirmed as new manager of Cromer Town
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Mike Derbyshire has been confirmed as new manager of Cromer Town on a permanent basis.
The former Watton, Great Yarmouth and Diss manager has been working alongside joint interim player managers Darren Terrington and Karl Horton for the past couple of months and has helped them to a run of six successive wins.
A statement on the club's official website read: 'The Crabs are now very happy to announce that Mike has accepted the permanent position and will be taking the club forward into the 2015/16 season and beyond.
'Within the next month Cromer Town are also hoping to confirm some exciting new developments with regards to the clubs' progression on the field.'
Derbyshire rose to prominence during a successful spell with Great Yarmouth Town in the Thurlow Nunn League. He lost his job in controversial circumstances and move on to Diss Town, where he had a short, unhappy spell before being shown the door earlier in the season.
You may also want to watch:
After being approached by the Crabs he agreed to work with team until the end of the current campaign, before making a decision on his future then. And a superb run of form which has seen the Crabs finish the season by winning six matches on the trot while scoring 18 and conceding just three has prompted both parties to agree to a permanent deal.
The Crabs have also confirmed that an application has been made to the Anglian Combination to enter a reserve side next season.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk