Delight for North Walsham gym girls
North Walsham Sport Centre Gymnastics Club entered 10 gymnasts (pictured above) into the County Level 5 Competition held at Norwich Gymnastics Club.
The championships included six clubs from around Norfolk and over 40 gymnasts. 0
North Walsham looked very classy from the moment they started the warm-up, wearing their new leotards.
It was the club's most consistent competition yet, with no falls on bars and only three on beam for the whole club, matched by none.
All the scores if no falls and all moves counted are out of 13.05, and North Walsham had their best set of scores yet.
Each gymnasts performed a routine on bars, beam, floor and two handspring vaults.
For Lauren Edens this was her first levels competition and she performed beautifully with a high beam score of 11.43 in the nine years age group.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 3 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
In the 10 years age group Faith Jones came fifth with 11.97 on beam. Ellen Smith was just behind at sixth with a great score of 11.60 on bars and Abigail Bunn showed off a very confident performance in 12th.
The 11 years age group competition was when the medals starting rolling in.
Paige Yarham won gold with 12.80 on beam, the highest mark from all the gymnasts in the competition.
Paige was only 0.50 away from the overall highest mark for the competition for all age groups.
Also at this age Georgia Pegg won silver with very clean performances on all pieces.
The last age group was 12 plus and Nicole Powley won silver with 11.80 on floor. Abigail Gower won bronze with 11.50 on floor. Jossie Maskrey came fifth also with very consistant scores.
A great competition for all North Walsham girls, coaches and parents alike. A very proud moment.