Delight for North Walsham gym girls
North Walsham Sport Centre Gymnastics Club entered 10 gymnasts (pictured above) into the County Level 5 Competition held at Norwich Gymnastics Club.
The championships included six clubs from around Norfolk and over 40 gymnasts. 0
North Walsham looked very classy from the moment they started the warm-up, wearing their new leotards.
It was the club's most consistent competition yet, with no falls on bars and only three on beam for the whole club, matched by none.
All the scores if no falls and all moves counted are out of 13.05, and North Walsham had their best set of scores yet.
You may also want to watch:
Each gymnasts performed a routine on bars, beam, floor and two handspring vaults.
For Lauren Edens this was her first levels competition and she performed beautifully with a high beam score of 11.43 in the nine years age group.
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 9 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
- 10 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
In the 10 years age group Faith Jones came fifth with 11.97 on beam. Ellen Smith was just behind at sixth with a great score of 11.60 on bars and Abigail Bunn showed off a very confident performance in 12th.
The 11 years age group competition was when the medals starting rolling in.
Paige Yarham won gold with 12.80 on beam, the highest mark from all the gymnasts in the competition.
Paige was only 0.50 away from the overall highest mark for the competition for all age groups.
Also at this age Georgia Pegg won silver with very clean performances on all pieces.
The last age group was 12 plus and Nicole Powley won silver with 11.80 on floor. Abigail Gower won bronze with 11.50 on floor. Jossie Maskrey came fifth also with very consistant scores.
A great competition for all North Walsham girls, coaches and parents alike. A very proud moment.