New date for Cromer fighter Ryan Walsh’s Golden Contract fight
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Walsh has been given a new date for his postponed Golden Contract featherweight final against Jazza Dickens.
The Cromer fighter will now face Dickens on Wednesday, December 2 at Production Park Studios in Wakefield.
The clash was originally set for September 30 before a positive Covid-19 test for Dickens postponed the fight.
Dickens will also defend his WBO European featherweight title in the bout against Walsh.
Dickens defeated Leigh Wood by majority decision in the semi-final to move into the final, while Walsh earned a unanimous decision victory over Tyrone McCullagh.
You may also want to watch:
A belt will also be on the line in the light-heavyweight final, as Bolotniks (17-5-1, 7 KOs) defends his WBO European light-heavyweight title against Michel (11-1, 8 KOs).
MTK Global vice-president Jamie Conlan said: “The Ryan Walsh vs Jazza Dickens postponement has only added to the anticipation of what many in the trade are calling a genuine 50/50 and one of the best all-British fights to be on the 2020 schedule. A fight where the winner will be directly in line to fight for a world title.”
- 1 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 2 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 3 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 4 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country