Cyclists singing in the rain
TUESDAY, June 8 was a windy day with frequent heavy thunder showers but if the time-trial officials thought they were going to have an easy run out they were mistaken.
TUESDAY, June 8 was a windy day with frequent heavy thunder showers but if the time-trial officials thought they were going to have an easy run out they were mistaken. Sixteen riders took to the saddle to ride the course from Thursford to Fakenham and back in pouring rain.
It is a measure of the increasing popularity of time-trialing that so many riders turned out in the rain. This week Wheelers welcomed Kitto back to the UK and his friend Williams who turned in a 28min 04sec ride on his first-ever time-trial.
The conditions were ideal for fast times and Knowles knocked 39 seconds off his previous personal best - although that may have had something to do with his new disc wheel - Rivett put in yet another personal best and the other riders were close to their best rides.
The next event is the 18.5 mile hilly time-trial around Sheringham and Weybourne - one of the toughest rides on the Wheelers' home circuit.
You may also want to watch:
10 Mile Time Trial.
Actual results: Wright 23:00, Read 23:11, Andrew Knowles 23:57(pb), Kitto 24:28 (guest rider), Rivett 26:54 (pb), Platts 24:48, Griffiths 26:18, Findlay 26:54, Churchill Jnr 27:02, Hayward 27:18, Williams (guest) 28:04, Mayell 28:22, Bolam 28:26 (pb) Churchill Snr 29:01, Costick 29:20 (guest, pb).
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
Performance handicap: Knowles 20:21, Rivett 20:50, Findlay 20:54, Platts 20:55, Read-Bolam 21:00, Mayell 21:04, Griffiths 21:05, Wright 21:11, Hayward 21:50.