Cyclists singing in the rain
TUESDAY, June 8 was a windy day with frequent heavy thunder showers but if the time-trial officials thought they were going to have an easy run out they were mistaken.
TUESDAY, June 8 was a windy day with frequent heavy thunder showers but if the time-trial officials thought they were going to have an easy run out they were mistaken. Sixteen riders took to the saddle to ride the course from Thursford to Fakenham and back in pouring rain.
It is a measure of the increasing popularity of time-trialing that so many riders turned out in the rain. This week Wheelers welcomed Kitto back to the UK and his friend Williams who turned in a 28min 04sec ride on his first-ever time-trial.
The conditions were ideal for fast times and Knowles knocked 39 seconds off his previous personal best - although that may have had something to do with his new disc wheel - Rivett put in yet another personal best and the other riders were close to their best rides.
The next event is the 18.5 mile hilly time-trial around Sheringham and Weybourne - one of the toughest rides on the Wheelers' home circuit.
You may also want to watch:
10 Mile Time Trial.
Actual results: Wright 23:00, Read 23:11, Andrew Knowles 23:57(pb), Kitto 24:28 (guest rider), Rivett 26:54 (pb), Platts 24:48, Griffiths 26:18, Findlay 26:54, Churchill Jnr 27:02, Hayward 27:18, Williams (guest) 28:04, Mayell 28:22, Bolam 28:26 (pb) Churchill Snr 29:01, Costick 29:20 (guest, pb).
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
Performance handicap: Knowles 20:21, Rivett 20:50, Findlay 20:54, Platts 20:55, Read-Bolam 21:00, Mayell 21:04, Griffiths 21:05, Wright 21:11, Hayward 21:50.