Cup victory for Royal Cromer pair
- Credit: Archant
Royal Cromer pair Tracey Williamson and Sue Roe withstood a tough challenge from Barnham Broom's Jo Ashmore and Ellie Brown to lift the Carrick Cup.
The final at King's Lynn was incredibly close right from the off. Royal Cromer took an early lead with a long putt from Roe but it was brought back to all square on the third after Ashmore's putt in for a birdie.
The match was still all square until the sixth hole where Royal Cromer took the lead once again. The seventh hole gave Royal Cromer a bit of grief and they conceded so the match went back to all square again.
Barnham Broom went one up for the first time in the match at the eighth but it was back to all square at the turn.
After the 11th hole Royal Cromer were two up thanks to a well timed drive from under the tree from Williamson. They won the hole with a birdie but lost the 12th so the match stood at 1up to Royal Cromer,
You may also want to watch:
It was anyone's game at that stage but Royal Cromer pushed on again and went three up on hole 14. Barnham Broom hit back on the 15th to make it two down with with three holes left to play. The 16th was halved so it went to the 17th and Royal Cromer just managed to hang on and to complete a 2&1 success.
The final was played in the best spirit possible and on a beautiful, warm day.
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 10 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group