Cup victory for Royal Cromer pair
- Credit: Archant
Royal Cromer pair Tracey Williamson and Sue Roe withstood a tough challenge from Barnham Broom's Jo Ashmore and Ellie Brown to lift the Carrick Cup.
The final at King's Lynn was incredibly close right from the off. Royal Cromer took an early lead with a long putt from Roe but it was brought back to all square on the third after Ashmore's putt in for a birdie.
The match was still all square until the sixth hole where Royal Cromer took the lead once again. The seventh hole gave Royal Cromer a bit of grief and they conceded so the match went back to all square again.
Barnham Broom went one up for the first time in the match at the eighth but it was back to all square at the turn.
After the 11th hole Royal Cromer were two up thanks to a well timed drive from under the tree from Williamson. They won the hole with a birdie but lost the 12th so the match stood at 1up to Royal Cromer,
You may also want to watch:
It was anyone's game at that stage but Royal Cromer pushed on again and went three up on hole 14. Barnham Broom hit back on the 15th to make it two down with with three holes left to play. The 16th was halved so it went to the 17th and Royal Cromer just managed to hang on and to complete a 2&1 success.
The final was played in the best spirit possible and on a beautiful, warm day.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 10 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing