Cup test for Yachtsmen
WROXHAM have a tough FA Cup preliminary round trip to Aldiss Park on Saturday to face Dereham Town. Like the Yachtsmen, the Magpies at the weekend secured their first Ridgeons Premier win of the new season, 5-1 against visitors Harwich & Parkeston.
WROXHAM have a tough FA Cup preliminary round trip to Aldiss Park on Saturday to face Dereham Town.
Like the Yachtsmen, the Magpies at the weekend secured their first Ridgeons Premier win of the new season, 5-1 against visitors Harwich & Parkeston.
Newmarket 1, Wroxham 3
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham gained their first Ridgeons League win of the campaign on the road at Newmarket on Saturday.
Andy Key gave Wroxham the lead on 20 minutes in typical 'Keysie' style. With a clear run on goal he hit a left-foot shot in the bottom corner, giving the keeper no chance.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 9 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
The Jockeys equalised on 39 minutes with a scrambled effort that should have been cleared.
Olly King replaced Paul Cook and went on to score the winner with three minutes to go.
Following a good build-up the ball was crossed from the right anf King slotted the ball home.
This was a good team effort with a number of players missing. Scott Howie had a good afternoon with a number of saves and Danny White, Steve Spriggs and Martin McNeil all shone.
Overall, this was a good three points as there will not be many points taken at the Sherbourn Stadium this season. The Jockeys showed they are a vastly improved side from the one that went down two seasons ago.
Wroxham Reserves kicked off their Anglian Combination Premier Division season with a 1-1 draw at St Andrews.
On Saturday they visit Beccles Town.