Cup KO for Reepham
Reepham Town 2, Caister 3 (aet)A 2-0 half-time lead was not enough to see Reepham through to the Junior Knockout Cup final. Beau Howard smashed in two goals and was looking for a perfect hat-trick.
Reepham Town 2, Caister 3 (aet)
A 2-0 half-time lead was not enough to see Reepham through to the Junior Knockout Cup final. Beau Howard smashed in two goals and was looking for a perfect hat-trick.
Three or four good chances were missed by the Robins just after the restart and the visitors' goalkeeper Dave Beale made a tremendous save from a Colin Emberley free-kick.
The remainder of the game went a little flat, until with eight minutes to go Reepham keeper Paul Hawes clutched a ball to his chest, only to have it kicked out of his grasp and popped into the net by Stuart Shellard.
Things still looked safe for Reepham as the game went into the 90th minute, but Caister forced a corner and Grant Johnson got a head to the ball and it was extra time.
An extra-time penalty was converted by David Beales to give the visitors the victory.
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 7 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 8 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
Robins' manager Shane Lutkin said: “For 75 minutes we played really well and were in charge. It sounds harsh, but these boys will be mentally stronger and we will be a better team for this.”
Chris Whiting, Jonny Harrington and Mark Savage scored goals at Wortwell for the Robins Reserves, but they still lost 4-3.
Reepham Sunday drew 1-1 as Wayne Reeve scored in what was a good game all round.
On Saturday Reepham first team travel to Beccles Caxton (2.30) and the Reserves are at home to Easton (2.30).
The Sunday team visit Brandford.