Cup KO for Reepham
Reepham Town 2, Caister 3 (aet)A 2-0 half-time lead was not enough to see Reepham through to the Junior Knockout Cup final. Beau Howard smashed in two goals and was looking for a perfect hat-trick.
Reepham Town 2, Caister 3 (aet)
A 2-0 half-time lead was not enough to see Reepham through to the Junior Knockout Cup final. Beau Howard smashed in two goals and was looking for a perfect hat-trick.
Three or four good chances were missed by the Robins just after the restart and the visitors' goalkeeper Dave Beale made a tremendous save from a Colin Emberley free-kick.
The remainder of the game went a little flat, until with eight minutes to go Reepham keeper Paul Hawes clutched a ball to his chest, only to have it kicked out of his grasp and popped into the net by Stuart Shellard.
You may also want to watch:
Things still looked safe for Reepham as the game went into the 90th minute, but Caister forced a corner and Grant Johnson got a head to the ball and it was extra time.
An extra-time penalty was converted by David Beales to give the visitors the victory.
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 8 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Robins' manager Shane Lutkin said: “For 75 minutes we played really well and were in charge. It sounds harsh, but these boys will be mentally stronger and we will be a better team for this.”
Chris Whiting, Jonny Harrington and Mark Savage scored goals at Wortwell for the Robins Reserves, but they still lost 4-3.
Reepham Sunday drew 1-1 as Wayne Reeve scored in what was a good game all round.
On Saturday Reepham first team travel to Beccles Caxton (2.30) and the Reserves are at home to Easton (2.30).
The Sunday team visit Brandford.