Cup joy for Cromer Junior School
CROMER Junior School's boys' football team won the North Norfolk U11 Cup.The competition was between Stalham Junior and Cromer Junior, both teams having met tough opposition along the way.
CROMER Junior School's boys' football team won the North Norfolk U11 Cup.
The competition was between Stalham Junior and Cromer Junior, both teams having met tough opposition along the way.
The final, held at Bure Valley School in Aylsham, was very close with some excellent football being played by both sides. The goalkeepers were also in fine form, preventing several great on-target efforts from going in.
However, a first-half penalty given away by Cromer allowed Stalham to take the lead. Cromer equalised in the second half which meant the final went to extra time.
You may also want to watch:
No more goals were scored so a tense penalty shoot-out had to decide the cup winners. Cromer kept their cool and were soon being crowned North Norfolk U11 Schools champions for 2010.
A picture will be in a future issue.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days