Cup joy for Cromer Junior School
CROMER Junior School's boys' football team won the North Norfolk U11 Cup.The competition was between Stalham Junior and Cromer Junior, both teams having met tough opposition along the way.
CROMER Junior School's boys' football team won the North Norfolk U11 Cup.
The competition was between Stalham Junior and Cromer Junior, both teams having met tough opposition along the way.
The final, held at Bure Valley School in Aylsham, was very close with some excellent football being played by both sides. The goalkeepers were also in fine form, preventing several great on-target efforts from going in.
However, a first-half penalty given away by Cromer allowed Stalham to take the lead. Cromer equalised in the second half which meant the final went to extra time.
You may also want to watch:
No more goals were scored so a tense penalty shoot-out had to decide the cup winners. Cromer kept their cool and were soon being crowned North Norfolk U11 Schools champions for 2010.
A picture will be in a future issue.
- 1 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 2 Strong winds batter coast - but fears of flooding avoided
- 3 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 4 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 5 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 6 Community group asked to clarify where legal damages paid by council will go
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 'If they move us to tier one we'll open' - businesses prepare for tier two restrictions
- 9 Housing group scoops award for affordable scheme
- 10 Norfolk MPs have their say ahead of vote on Covid tiers