Cunningham is new Sheringham boss
Ambitious Sheringham have turned to vastly-experienced former Wroxham manager Bruce Cunningham as they attempt to bring Ridgeons League football to the north Norfolk coast.
Cunningham (pictured), who guided the Yachtsmen to unpredecented success with a hat-trick of titles among his achievements, has been charged with the task of turning the Shannocks into a side capable of challenging for promotion.
The Shannocks finished mid-table in the Gleave and Associates Anglian Combination Premier Division last term and general manager John Kowalyk is confident they will improve considerably on that showing under the guidance of one of local football's most astute operators.
'This is really exciting news for the club, getting Bruce here is huge for us,' said Kowalyk, who has twice stepped in to manage the side in recent seasons following managerial departures.
'We have a long-term plan to get this club into the Ridgeons League and I'm sure having Bruce here will help us in that aim.
'Bruce knows the game inside out and I'm sure he will be busy during the summer building a squad capable of challenging for a place in the top two.'
One new man has already been brought on board, with former Wroxham midfielder Justin Fox teaming up with his former boss Cunningham as player/coach after a spell with Norwich United.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 4 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 10 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
Meanwhile Glen Fox – Justin's father – and Steve Furlong have been added to the backroom staff.
Cunningham has been managing at Anglian Comnbination Division Four level, guiding Hoveton Wherryman to fourth last term.