Cunningham is new Sheringham boss
Ambitious Sheringham have turned to vastly-experienced former Wroxham manager Bruce Cunningham as they attempt to bring Ridgeons League football to the north Norfolk coast.
Cunningham (pictured), who guided the Yachtsmen to unpredecented success with a hat-trick of titles among his achievements, has been charged with the task of turning the Shannocks into a side capable of challenging for promotion.
The Shannocks finished mid-table in the Gleave and Associates Anglian Combination Premier Division last term and general manager John Kowalyk is confident they will improve considerably on that showing under the guidance of one of local football's most astute operators.
'This is really exciting news for the club, getting Bruce here is huge for us,' said Kowalyk, who has twice stepped in to manage the side in recent seasons following managerial departures.
'We have a long-term plan to get this club into the Ridgeons League and I'm sure having Bruce here will help us in that aim.
You may also want to watch:
'Bruce knows the game inside out and I'm sure he will be busy during the summer building a squad capable of challenging for a place in the top two.'
One new man has already been brought on board, with former Wroxham midfielder Justin Fox teaming up with his former boss Cunningham as player/coach after a spell with Norwich United.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
Meanwhile Glen Fox – Justin's father – and Steve Furlong have been added to the backroom staff.
Cunningham has been managing at Anglian Comnbination Division Four level, guiding Hoveton Wherryman to fourth last term.