Cross country season in full swing
North Norfolk Beach RunnersWITH the cross-country season in full swing, North Norfolk Beach Runners were out in force at the weekend.At the Norwich Road Runners Horsford races, Beach Runners were in superb form with brothers Rob and Andy Kett producing one of the most exciting races seen for some time.
North Norfolk Beach Runners
WITH the cross-country season in full swing, North Norfolk Beach Runners were out in force at the weekend.
At the Norwich Road Runners Horsford races, Beach Runners were in superb form with brothers Rob and Andy Kett producing one of the most exciting races seen for some time. Rob pipped Andy to the line by just two seconds in a tremendous 42:43.
In fifth place cross- country enthusiast Darren Neale had an excellent race over the arduous, muddy course to come in fifth whilst John Christopher took second place in the 45/49 category with a sound 48:25.
The remarkable Malcom Ball finished first in the 70 plus age group. Earlier in the week he ran in the huge Brighton 10k where he took first prize in the over 70s with a superb 49:49.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
Performance of the day came from Clare Donavan who took the senior ladies' prize by more than five minutes with a spectacular time of 33:59.
At Shouldham Warren, brothers Jamie and Chris Wade and their father Ian enjoyed the dry woodland course. Jamie completely outpaced his brother in the second half of the 9k race to record an excellent 36:38 to Chris's 37:54.
Jeremy Bolam was showing some glimpses of his former speed with steady time of 36:18.