Cross country season in full swing
North Norfolk Beach RunnersWITH the cross-country season in full swing, North Norfolk Beach Runners were out in force at the weekend.At the Norwich Road Runners Horsford races, Beach Runners were in superb form with brothers Rob and Andy Kett producing one of the most exciting races seen for some time.
North Norfolk Beach Runners
WITH the cross-country season in full swing, North Norfolk Beach Runners were out in force at the weekend.
At the Norwich Road Runners Horsford races, Beach Runners were in superb form with brothers Rob and Andy Kett producing one of the most exciting races seen for some time. Rob pipped Andy to the line by just two seconds in a tremendous 42:43.
You may also want to watch:
In fifth place cross- country enthusiast Darren Neale had an excellent race over the arduous, muddy course to come in fifth whilst John Christopher took second place in the 45/49 category with a sound 48:25.
The remarkable Malcom Ball finished first in the 70 plus age group. Earlier in the week he ran in the huge Brighton 10k where he took first prize in the over 70s with a superb 49:49.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
Performance of the day came from Clare Donavan who took the senior ladies' prize by more than five minutes with a spectacular time of 33:59.
At Shouldham Warren, brothers Jamie and Chris Wade and their father Ian enjoyed the dry woodland course. Jamie completely outpaced his brother in the second half of the 9k race to record an excellent 36:38 to Chris's 37:54.
Jeremy Bolam was showing some glimpses of his former speed with steady time of 36:18.