Cromer win derby with Walsham
Cromer Town 2, North Walsham Town 0JUST one point separated the two sides before the game so a tight match was expected, especially with it also being a local derby.
Cromer Town 2, North Walsham Town 0
JUST one point separated the two sides before the game so a tight match was expected, especially with it also being a local derby.
Ben Sharman had the first Cromer chance but his low effort went wide. The Crabs did take the lead when David Harwood floated an excellent free-kick into the six-yard box where an unmarked Tom Davies powerfully headed past Richard Kellett.
Pressure on Kellett forced him to mis-hit his clearance and it went straight to Darren Terrington who got the ball out of his feet quickly but was unable to get his shot on target from a wide angle.
Walsham's Marcus Godbold had his long-range effort pushed over by Stuart Parsons.
Cromer continued to threaten in the second half. John Carrier's cross came out to Karl Horton whose shot was deflected. Harwood then crossed to the near post but again the visitors scrambled the ball away.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 7 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Paul Bradshaw then saw his headed effort saved. Tom Davies made a driving run before crossing to Danny Broom whose shot hit a post.
In the 90th minute Broom crossed from the left, Paul Spruce headed the ball back across goal and Terrington finished first time. Time added on saw the Crabs came close to adding to their tally but both Broom's and Sharman's efforts were kept out by Kellett. It was a brilliant effort all round.